This Is Auburn Office of the Provost
Office of the Provost > Academic Advising > Support Services FAQ

Support Services FAQ

How do I find academic support resources?

Academic Support located in 2234 Haley Center provides students with a variety of free programs including Academic Coaching for general skill building, Supplemental Instruction (SI) for traditionally challenging courses, and peer tutoring for core courses through Study Partners. For more information on all these opportunities and directions to schedule an appointment, please visit our webpage.

How do I find a major?

The Auburn University Career Center can help you explore your interests and abilities and provide career counseling to help you find a major that aligns with your academic abilities, interests, and skills.

How do I find an internship or a Co-Op position?

Your major advisor is a good source for identifying internships related to your career goals. The Auburn University Career Center also has resources to help you identify potential internship opportunities. The Auburn University Cooperative Education Program can help you determine if a co-op experience is right for you.

I want to get involved in undergraduate research. How do I get started?

Contact the Undergraduate Research Program to learn more about how you can find a professor to serve as a mentor for a research project to help you apply for an Undergraduate Research Fellowship. Some colleges also have separate programs that can help you find a mentor and funding for your project. Another good strategy to help you get started is to talk with a professor of a class you are interested in and see if he or she would be willing to work with you.

I want to study-abroad. How do I start the process?

Talk with your major advisor about any study abroad programs that your major department or college may sponsor or that might be particularly appropriate for your career interests. The Office of International Education can help you learn about all the programs Auburn sponsors and help you find other opportunities as well.

What scholarships are available?

Talk with your college advisor about any college or departmental scholarships for which you may be eligible. The Office of Undergraduate Scholarships can provide information on university-wide scholarships and answer questions on scholarship eligibility.

Where do I go to get writing help?

The Miller Writing Center provides assistance to all Auburn students at all stages of the writing process-from identifying and narrowing a topic through preparing the final draft.

Where can I go to talk to a counselor about some personal issues?

Student Counseling Services (SCS) provides confidential counseling and clinical mental health services to assist students who are experiencing personal problems or issues. Appointments are required (except for emergencies) and can be made by calling 844.5123 or by stopping by in person at the Center, located on the second floor of the AU Medical Clinic. Business hours are 7:45 am-5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

I'm having trouble financing my education. Is there anyone on campus who can help me?

The Office of Student Financial Services at Auburn University provides financial assistance to students who need aid to attend the university. Students seeking assistance are required to file an application for Federal Student Financial Aid annually. Applications for aid should be completed in January or February of the year prior to the academic year in which the student will need assistance. Application materials and a brochure describing available aid programs may be obtained from the Office of Student Financial Services, 203 Martin Hall. Financial aid includes scholarships, grants, loans and part-time employment. The Auburn University Career Center can assist you with locating a part-time job through Student Employment.

I want to get involved on campus. How do I get started?

The Office of Student Involvement is dedicated to providing opportunities for all students to actively engage in socially fulfilling and educationally purposeful experiences inside and outside the classroom. Participation in campus activities is a great opportunity to individually develop leadership skills such as teamwork, decision-making and planning, while creating meaningful relationships. With over 300 student organizations to choose from, there is something for just about everyone.

Where can veterans learn more about campus services available to them?

The Student Financial Services Office provides Veterans and their dependents with information on G.I. benefits . The Veterans Resource Center provides Veterans with services that help with their transition to Auburn. Beginning in November, 2012, the Auburn Veterans Resource Center will open in 217 Foy, providing financial advising, counseling, tutoring, and social resources for veterans and their dependents in one central location.

I am having trouble figuring out how to get started on a research paper I've been assigned. Where can I find help?

The Miller Writing Center provides assistance to all Auburn students at all stages of the writing process-from identifying and narrowing a topic through preparing the final draft.

I am trying to complete my assignment and I'm having issues with my computer. Who can help me?

The OIT HelpDesk is available to help you with technology-related questions or problems. You can call (334-844-4944) or e-mail questions to: Walk-in hours are also available at the RBD Library, second floor OIT Help Desk. For current hours, review the Hours of Operation.

Last Updated: March 19, 2021