Harrison School of Pharmacy
Graduate Student Directory
Degree Program: Ph.D., Health Outcomes Research and Policy
Anticipated Graduation: 2021
Advisor: Surachat Ngorsuraches, Ph.D.
- B.Pharm. - Kathmandu University (Nepal), 2011
- MBA - Kathmandu University (Nepal), 2014
- Pharmaceutical Economics and Policy
- Patient Reported Outcomes
Nabin Poudel's area of research focuses on pharmaceutical economics and policy. Primarily, his research area includes identification of patient’s unmet needs with an objective to improve their quality of life and access to affordable medicine.
Poudel was born and raised in Nepal. After completion of his graduate education, he worked in a pharmaceutical company for more than three years before moving to United States in 2017.
- Poudel, N., Kavookjian, J. & Scalese, M.J. Motivational Interviewing as a Strategy to Impact Outcomes in Heart Failure Patients: A Systematic Review. Patient 13, 43–55 (2020) doi:10.1007/s40271-019-00387-6
- Poudel N, Ngorsuraches S, Qian J, Garza KB. Methodological variations among health state valuation studies using EQ-5D-5L: A systematic review. ISPOR 2019, New Orleans, LA, May 2019
- Garza KB, Briggs K, Sanderson B, Durham S, Okerberg C, Peel E, Poudel N. Utilization of brief delay discounting task to access time preference at the point of care. 40th Annual Meeting and Scientific sessions, Washington Hilton, Washington DC, March 2019.
- Poudel N, Kavookjian J. Motivational interviewing as a strategy for smoking cessation among adolescents: A systematic review. ISPOR 2018, Baltimore, MD, May 2018.
- Poudel N, Kavookjian J, Scalese M. Motivational Interviewing as a strategy to impact outcomes in heart failure patients: A systematic review. APhA annual meeting, Nashville, TN, March 2018.
Last Updated: January 21, 2020