Harrison School of Pharmacy
Graduate Student Directory
Degree Program: Ph.D., Health Outcomes Research and Policy
Anticipated Graduation: 2022
Advisor: C. Edward Chou, Ph.D.
- B.S., Biomedical Sciences - Auburn, 2017
- Transitions of Care
- Health Disparities
- Care Coordination
- Population-Based Data’
Cassidi McDaniel is a graduate student at the Harrison School of Pharmacy, pursuing her Ph.D. in the Health Outcomes Research and Policy option. Originally from Valley, Alabama, her endeavors in pharmacy began in community pharmacy, where she discovered an interest in management of chronic conditions.
In August of 2018, she began her Ph.D. training, where she has participated in research projects covering various areas related to public health, pharmacy services, and access to care.
McDaniel's research interests are focused on targeting health inequalities and diabetes management, particularly the disproportionate rates of diabetes in Alabama. To read further into her research, please see her publications and presentations below. Earlier research, prior to June 2019, can be found under her maiden name, Cassidi Crosby.
- Hohmann NS, McDaniel CC, Mason SW, Cheung WY, Williams MS, Salvador C, Graves EK, Camp CN, Chou C. Patient perspectives on primary care and oncology care coordination in the context of multiple chronic conditions: a systematic review. Research in Social & Administrative Pharmacy. 2019. DOI: 10.1016/j.sapharm.2019.11.014. [Epub ahead of print]
- Chou C, Hohmann NS, Hastings TJ, Li C, McDaniel CC, Maciejewski ML, Farley JF, Domino ME, Hansen RA. How comfortable are primary care physicians and oncologists prescribing medications for comorbidities in patients with cancer? Research in Social & Administrative Pharmacy. 2019. DOI: 10.1016/j.sapharm.2019.11.006. [Epub ahead of print]
- McDaniel CC, McDonald C, Rockwell D, Loh FE, Chou C. Disparities in quality of diabetes care and healthcare costs among cancer patients with diabetes: an investigation of a nationally representative sample of Medicare beneficiaries. Poster presentation at the 2019 American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting & Exhibition, December 2019, Las Vegas, NV.
- Rockwell D, McDonald C, McDaniel CC, Loh FE, Chou C. Trends in healthcare cost affirm the financial burden of diabetes among Medicare beneficiaries with cancer. Poster presentation at the 2019 American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting & Exhibition, December 2019, Las Vegas, NV.
- Crosby C, Garza KB. Associations between food purchasing decisions and weight status among college students. Poster presentation at the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Annual Meeting, July 2019, Chicago, IL.
- Crosby C, Qian J, Ngorsuraches S, Garza KB. The impact of pharmacist-delivered medication therapy management (MTM) on outcomes for patients with diabetes: a systematic review. Poster presentation at ISPOR 2019, May 2019, New Orleans, LA.
Last Updated: January 13, 2020