Harrison School of Pharmacy
Graduate Student Directory
Degree Program: M.S., Health Outcomes Research and Policy
Anticipated Graduation: 2021
Advisor: Surachat Ngorsuraches, Ph.D.
- B.Pharm., - Kathmandu University, Nepal, 2013
- Pharmaceutical Economics and Policy
- Patient Preferences
- Health Services Research
Bidur Banjara is from Banepa, Nepal and completed his Bachelor of Pharmacy from Kathmandu University in 2013. He worked as researcher and analyst for more than three years in pharmaceutical companies of Nepal.
Banjara came to Auburn in Jan 2019 to work toward his M.S. in the Health Outcomes Research and Policy option. He is interested in pharmaceutical economics and policy focusing on patients’ preference for the treatment plan and choices on chronic disease such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and cancer.
- Chen, Z. X., Hohmann, L., Banjara, B., Zhao, Y., Diggs, K., & Westrick, S. C. (2020). Recommendations to protect patients and health care practices from Medicare and Medicaid fraud. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association : JAPhA, 60(6), e60–e65. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.japh.2020.05.011.
- Poudel N, Banjara B, Kamau S, Frost N, Ngorsuraches S. Factors influencing patients' willingness-to-pay for disease-modifying therapies for multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2020 Dec 24;48:102720. doi: 10.1016/j.msard.2020.102720.
Posters and Abstracts
- Banjara B, Willke RJ, Guerino J, Ngorsuraches S. ISPOR top 10 HEOR trends: results from a best-worst scaling survey. International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR) Virtual International Meeting; May 2020, USA.
- Banjara B, Kavookjian J. Interventions including motivational interviewing in adolescents with asthma: a systematic review. International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR) Virtual International Meeting; May 2020, USA.
- Jeminiwa RN, Banjara B, Rahman MM, Garza KB, Chou C, Franco-Watkins AM, Fox BI. What does it mean to live with asthma as a young adult? American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Annual Meeting, July 2020, California, USA.
Last Updated: January 29, 2021