Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some commonly asked questions and answers. if you have a question that is not answered on this page or in this section, please contact Laurie Kenney Gann, Admissions Coordinator, at or Charles Woosley, Director of Recruiting, at

1. How many students are accepted each year?
The usual class size is 125 at the Auburn Campus and 24 at the Mobile Campus.

2. What is the average GPA?
The mean Pre-Pharmacy GPA of the 2012 entering class was approximately a 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. The mean composite PCAT score was at the 62nd percentile.

3. How do I know if the curriculum I have followed will meet Auburn's Pre-Pharmacy requirements?
Each applicant must meet Auburn's Pre-Pharmacy curriculum including Auburn's Core curriculum. If you are unsure if you are enrolled in coursework to satisfy the Pre-Pharmacy requirements, you should contact the Harrison School of Pharmacy's Office of Academic and Student Affairs and discuss your academic record with the Admission Coordinator, Laurie Gann.

4. Do I have to have all coursework completed by the time I enter Pharmacy School?
Yes. No exceptions to this policy will be made.

5. How many apply?
Approximately 700 applications are received annually.

6. How many applicants do you interview?
Approximately 200 applicants are invited for interviews each year.

7. Is the PCAT required?
The PCAT is now an optional part of the HSOP admissions process. While the test is optional, applicants who wish to bolster their other academic credentials with their Pharmacy College Admissions Test (PCAT) scores can choose to do so and request that their PCAT scores be submitted to PharmCAS (school code 104).

Applicants may also submit their scores for the MCAT, DAT, OAT, or GRE for consideration, as long as the test has been taken within five years of the date of application to HSOP.

8. Do you accept non-Alabama residents?
Although the majority of the students in the Harrison School of Pharmacy are Alabama residents, qualified students who are residents of other states are encouraged to apply and are accepted. There are no specific quotas for resident vs. non-resident student pharmacists in each entering class. Approximately 30 percent of the student body are non-residents.

9. Is there an interview required?
Yes. It is an onsite mandatory interview. You will be expected to attend on the date you are assigned. Invitations will be sent via email to the address you provided to PharmCAS.

10. What do I wear to the interview?
Professional attire.

11. How can I prepare for the interview?
Learn about the profession of pharmacy and how it is changing by reading, talking with practitioners, and working/volunteering in the health care setting. Meaningful work in which you are involved with patients is encouraged. Explore all career options available to you. Guidance in developing effective interview techniques is provided to Auburn students by Placement Services in Mary Martin Hall. Check with your college/university to find the office that provides similar assistance to students on your campus.

12. Is there any financial aid available?
Please refer to Financial Aid Information.

13. How do I apply for financial aid?
Contact Auburn University Office for Student Financial Services at (334) 844-4367.

14. How long will I be enrolled in Auburn University School of Pharmacy?
The Doctor of Pharmacy curriculum requires four academic years beyond the Pre-Pharmacy requirements.

15. Does Auburn University - Harrison School of Pharmacy acknowledge "Academic Bankruptcy" or honor the Forgiveness policy?
No, all coursework attempted will be calculated in your pre-pharmacy GPA.

16. Will you accept transfer credit from any institution in the U.S.?
Yes, but it must be accredited by a regional accrediting agency (e.g. SACS). Please follow the directions provided by PharmCAS.

17. What does it mean to "waive my right" on the applicant Reference Form?
If an applicant chooses to "waive their right" to access, they will not be allowed to review the Applicant Reference Form (ARFs). On the ARFs, the applicant must choose to either waive or not waive their right.

18. Where can I find information on Student Services, Housing and Residence Life, Dining Services, Student Health Services, Student Success Center and other services available to students enrolled at Auburn University?
Visit Auburn University's web site at to find answers to these questions and many more. Take a virtual tour and see the campus life that Auburn University can offer all students. The Mobile campus is located on the University of South Alabama campus. Information can be found at


Last Updated: August 6, 2020