TOP TEN LIES FINANCE PROFESSORS TELL THEIR STUDENTS
10. Don't sweat that poor grade on your midterm.
I am certain that you'll do much better on the final.
9. Come by my office any time. I'm always available.
8. You can make a killing as a stockbroker.
7. Don't worry if you can't remember that formula.
The main thing on the test is that you grasp the intuition.
6. It doesn't matter what I think; write what you believe.
5. If you come to all the lectures, you'll do just fine.
4. My other section is much better prepared than you guys.
3. What's your problem? Any moron can understand bond pricing models.
2. Don't worry about that final grade. No one will care anyway.
1. Of course, I make a lot investing.
I only teach so I can help young people.