Vrishank Raghav S
211 Davis Hall
Auburn, AL 36849
Originally from Bangalore, India, I graduated from National Institute of Technology - Warangal with a Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering in 2008. I then completed my graduate studies under the supervision of Prof. Komerath in the School of Aerospace Engineering at Georgia Tech in 2014 where my research focus was on experimental fluid dynamics and unsteady aerodynamics. Thereafter I started my postdoctoral fellowship in Biomedical Engineering under the supervision of Prof. Yoganathan at Georgia Tech investigating hemodynamics of prosthetic heart valves and cardiovascular diseases.
In January 2017 I moved to Auburn University as a tenure-track Assistant Professor in the Department of Aerospace Engineering. At Auburn our research interests include the application of experimental flow diagnostics to understand fluid dynamics in both aerospace and biomedical engineering.
We are currently looking for highly motivated PhD students with a background in experimental fluid dynamics and an interest in biomedical applications! If you are interested, please email me.
American Heart Association - Postdoctoral Fellowship. American Heart Association.
Best Ph.D. Thesis Award. Sigma-Xi - Georgia Tech.
Regional Scholarship - Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance.
Robert Wolfe Fellow - Georgia Tech.
United Technologies Research Center Fellowship - United Technologies Corporation.
Vertical Flight Foundation (VFF) Scholar - The American Helicopter Society.
Outstanding Senior Award - National Institute of Technology - Warangal.
- The Fluid Mechanics of Transcatheter Heart Valve Leaflet Thrombosis in the Neo-Sinus". Circulation (in press) 2017, pp. , ""
- Valve mediated hemodynamics and their association with distal ascending aortic diameter in bicuspid aortic valve subjects". J. Magn. Reson. Im. (in press) 2017, pp. , "
- Ann. Biomed. Eng. 45 (5) 2017, pp.1305-1314 , "Aortic Regurgitation Generates a Kinematic Obstruction Which Hinders Left Ventricular Filling".
- Ann. Biomed. Eng. 45 (2) 2017, pp.310-331 , "On the Mechanics of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement".
- The Effect of Valve-in-Valve Implantation Height on Sinus Flow". Ann. Biomed. Eng. 45 (2) 2017, pp.405-412 , "
- Valve type, size and deployment location affect hemodynamics in an in vitro valve-in-valve model". J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. Intv. 9 (15) 2016, pp.1618-1628 , "
- The Hemodynamic Effects of Acute Aortic Regurgitation into a Stiffened Left Ventricle Resulting From Chronic Aortic Stenosis". Am. J. Physiol. - Heart C. 310 (11) 2016, pp.H1801-H1807 , "
- Long-term Durability of Carpentier-Edwards Magna Easer valve: A One Billion Cycle In-Vitro Study". Ann. Thorac. Surg. 101 (5) 2016, pp.1759-1765 - Invited Editorial Comment by Dr. Eric Roselli, Cleveland Clinic , "
- How Can We Help a Patient with a Small Failing Bioprosthesis?: An In Vitro Case Study". J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. Intv. 8 (15) 2015, pp.2026-2033 - Invited Editorial Comment by Dr. Danny Dvir , "
- "Role of mitral annulus diastolic geometry on intraventricular filling dynamics". J. Biomech. Eng. 137 (12) 2015, pp. ,
- "High transcatheter valve replacement may reduce washout in the aortic sinuses: An in vitro study". J. Heart Valve Dis. 24 (1) 2015, pp.22-29 ,
- Advance ratio effects on the flow structure and unsteadiness of the dynamic-stall vortex of a rotating blade in steady forward flight". Phys. Fluids 27 (2) 2015, pp.1-16 , "
- Dynamic stall life cycle on a rotating blade in steady forward flight". J. Am. Helicopter Soc. 60 (3) 2015, pp.1-12 , "
- Vortex flow hypothesis for a yawed rotor blade in reverse flow". Proc. IMechE. G - J. Aero 229 (3) 2015, pp.543-553 , "
- Velocity measurements on a retreating blade in dynamic stall". Exp. Fluids 55 (2) 2014, pp.1-10 , "
- Evidence of vortex-induced lift on a yawed wing in reverse flow". Proc. IMechE. G - J. Aero 228 (11) 2014, pp.2130-2137 ,
- Instability of the radial flow over a rotating disk in a separated edgewise stream". Phys. Fluids 25 (11) 2013, pp.1-7 , "
- Wall effect on fluid-structure interactions of a tethered bluff body". Phys. Lett. A 377 (34-36) 2013, pp.2079-2082 , "
- Investigation of drag and wake turbulence of a rotor hub". Aerosp. Sci. Technol. 28 (1) 2013, pp.164-175 , "
- An exploration of radial flow on a rotating blade in retreating blade stall". J. Am. Helicopter Soc. 58 (2) 2013, pp.1-10 , "
- Vrishank Raghav and Ajit Yoganathan, "Fluid dynamics of prosthetic heart valves" in The Practice of Clinical Echocardiography 5th edition, edited by Catherin M. Otto, 2016
- Vrishank Raghav, Morten Jensen, Shiva Arjunon and Ajit Yoganathan, "Prosthetic heart valves" in Materials Science and Material Engineering, edited by Saleem Hashmi, (in press) 2016
- AERO 2200 - Aerospace Fundamentals