Total Physical Response
1. What are the rationals behind this approach?
2. Classroom activities
The Silent Way
1. What are the unique teaching aids used in the Silent Way and what are they used for?
Pronunciation charts: for teaching pronunciation
Color rods: for teaching vocabulary and grammar, for eliciting speech
Vocabulary charts (12 containing 500 to 800 words):
Pointer: for demonstration, directing and indicating stress, intonation etc.
2. What is the rational behind teacher silence?
3. How do you define a responsible learner in the Silent Way?
4. Very little correction or repeated modelling is done in the Silent Way. What does a teacher do when an error is made in a stduent's production?
Community Language Language
1. What is the unique characteristic of this method in terms of syllabus design, as compared to all other methds we have discussed? (no predetermined syllabus; syllabus emerges; experienced teachers may have an implicit syllabus)
2. Does a CLL instructor have certain level of control over what is to be learned? How?