- Physical stimulus is "light".
- Part of E.M. spectrum--show transparency
- Varies in amplitude and frequency (wavelength)
- Visible light, about 400 to 750 nanometers
- High energy = high frequency = short wavelength
- quantal (photon) vs wave.
(red -> violet)
|low energy -> high
||long wavelength ->
(dim -> bright)
|few quanta -> many
||small amplitude -> large
- color (hue, saturation,
- Dynamic range (photopic,
- Detection of form.
- General layout of visual system. Eye-> optic nerve -> chiasm -> tract -> LGN ->