FLRU 2520 Russia Today
- How did perestroika aid in the expansion of organized crime in Russia?
- Why was the transition from the black market in the Soviet period to organized crime after the disintegration of the USSR successful?
- Describe how growth of organized crime in Russia after 1991 can be attributed to the government’s feeble transition to a market economy
- What role did the judicial system play in the growth of organized crime?
- How did the transition to a market economy contribute to the growth of organized crime
- What part does organized crime play in deterring entrepreneurships?
- How does organized crime deter competition in the economy?
- Describe the Russian organized crime's interaction with international crime syndicates?
- How has Russian organized crime contributed to this very "capital flight"?
Relate the questions above to the plot and characters in the movies "Tycoon" and "The Brother".