ENGL 2210 World Literature II
Creation stories. Study Guide
- How did death and children come into the world?
- What does the story imply about the African cultural attitude toward children?
- How do you think the story "The Forbidden Fruit" resembles the Biblical story on the same theme? Do you think there is a moral to the story?
- What do you think the story "The Plant of Life" is supposed to explain? What is the equivalent Biblical story?
- What do you think the story "How Truth and Falshood Got so Confused" is supposed to explain? A Russian proverb says. "The truth has seven sides." How might this proverb be similar to this story? Do you know of an equivalent in American or in another culture?