Chapter 6, Slide I - Language Differences
Interacting with persons with language disorders-individual needs
- Treat with same respect as others.
- Identify the type of language difference.
- Consider the level of communication competence you need to establish with the individual.
- Think of compensatory communication strategies that may be used, e.g., changing rate, language level, writing, 'yes-no' interview technique.
- Adjust your communication technique to suit the needs of the person with whom you are trying to communicate.