The King James Clarified (KJC) New Testament
The Letter Of Paul The Apostle To Philemon
- 1:1 Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly
beloved, and fellow laborer,
- 1:2 And to our beloved Apphia, and Archippus our fellow soldier, and to the church in
- 1:3 Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- 1:4 I thank my God, making mention of you always in my prayers, 1:5 Hearing of your
love and faith, which you have toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints;
- 1:6 That the communication of your faith may become effective by the acknowledging of
every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.
- 1:7 For we have great joy and consolation in your love, because the insides of the saints
are refreshed by you, brother.
- 1:8 Therefore, though I might be much bold in Christ to enjoin you that which is fitting,
- 1:9 yet for love's sake I rather beseech you, being such a one as Paul the aged, and now
also a prisoner of Jesus Christ.
- 1:10 I beseech you for my son Onesimus, whom I have begotten in my bonds:
- 1:11 Which in time past was to you unprofitable, but now profitable to you and to me:
- 1:12 Whom I have sent again: you therefore receive him, that is, my own insides:
- 1:13 Whom I would have retained with me, that in your stead he might have ministered
unto me in the bonds of the gospel:
- 1:14 But without your mind would I do nothing; that your benefit should not be as it were
of necessity, but willingly.
- 1:15 For perhaps he therefore departed for a season, that you should receive him forever;
- 1:16 Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved, specially to me, but
how much more unto you, both in the flesh, and in the Lord?
- 1:17 If you count me therefore a partner, receive him as myself.
- 1:18 If he has wronged you, or owes you anything, put that on mine account;
- 1:19 I Paul have written it with my own hand, I will repay it: albeit I do not say to you
how you owe unto me even your own self besides.
- 1:20 Yes, brother, let me have joy of you in the Lord: refresh my insides in the Lord.
- 1:21 Having confidence in your obedience I wrote unto you, knowing that you will also
do more than I say.
- 1:22 But meanwhile prepare me also a lodging: for I trust that through your prayers I shall
be given unto you.
- 1:23 There salute you Epaphras, my fellow prisoner in Christ Jesus;
- 1:24 Marcus, Aristarchus, Demas, Lucas, my fellow laborers.
- 1:25 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.