The King James Clarified (KJC) New Testament
The Second Letter Of Paul The Apostle To Timothy
- 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life
which is in Christ Jesus,
- 1:2 To Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father
and Christ Jesus our Lord.
- 1:3 I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without
ceasing I have remembrance of you in my prayers night and day;
- 1:4 Greatly desiring to see you, being mindful of your tears, that I may be filled with joy;
- 1:5 When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in you, which dwelled first in
your grandmother Lois, and your mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in you also.
- 1:6 Therefore I put you in remembrance that you stir up the gift of God, which is in you
by the putting on of my hands.
- 1:7 For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound
- 1:8 Be not you therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner:
but be you partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
- 1:9 Who has saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but
according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the
- 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who has
abolished death, and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:
- 1:11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.
- 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I
know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have
committed unto him against that day.
- 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which you have heard of me, in faith and love
which is in Christ Jesus.
- 1:14 That good thing which was committed unto you keep by the Holy Ghost which
dwells in us.
- 1:15 This you know, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are
Phygellus and Hermogenes.
- 1:16 The Lord give mercy unto the house of Onesiphorus; for he often refreshed me, and
was not ashamed of my chain:
- 1:17 But, when he was in Rome, he sought me out very diligently, and found me.
- 1:18 The Lord grant unto him that he may find mercy of the Lord in that day: and in how
many things he ministered unto me at Ephesus, you know very well.
- 2:1 You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
- 2:2 And the things that you have heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit
you to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
- 2:3 You therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
- 2:4 No man that wars entangles himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please
him who has chosen him to be a soldier.
- 2:5 And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, unless he strive lawfully.
- 2:6 The husbandman that labors must be first partaker of the fruits.
- 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give you understanding in all things.
- 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according
to my gospel:
- 2:9 Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not
- 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the
salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
- 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
- 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
- 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abides faithful: he cannot deny himself.
- 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they
strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.
- 2:15 Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be
ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
- 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
- 2:17 And their word will eat as does a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
- 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and
overthrow the faith of some.
- 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God stands sure, having this seal, The Lord knows
them that are his. And, Let every one that names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
- 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood
and of earth; and some to honor, and some to dishonor.
- 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honor,
sanctified, and suitable for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
- 2:22 Flee also yethful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, love, peace, with them that
call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
- 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
- 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach,
- 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God perhaps will give them
repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
- 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken
captive by him at his will.
- 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
- 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers,
disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
- 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers
of those that are good,
- 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
- 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power of it: from such turn away.
- 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden
with sins, led away with different lusts,
- 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
- 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of
corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
- 3:9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as
their's also was.
- 3:10 But you have fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering,
- 3:11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra;
what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
- 3:12 Yes, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
- 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being
- 3:14 But continue you in the things which you have learned and have been assured of,
knowing of whom you have learned them;
- 3:15 And that from a child you have known the holy scriptures, which are able to make
you wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
- 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for
reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
- 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
- 4:1 I charge you therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the
quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
- 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all
longsuffering and doctrine.
- 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own
lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
- 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
- 4:5 But watch you in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full
proof of your ministry.
- 4:6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
- 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
- 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the
righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that
love his appearing.
- 4:9 Do your diligence to come shortly unto me: 4:10 For Demas has forsaken me, having
loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus
- 4:11 Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with you: for he is profitable to me
for the ministry.
- 4:12 And Tychicus have I sent to Ephesus.
- 4:13 The cloak that I left at Troas with Carpus, when you come, bring with you, and the
books, but especially the parchments.
- 4:14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his
- 4:15 Of whom be you ware also; for he has greatly withstood our words.
- 4:16 At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it
may not be laid to their charge.
- 4:17 Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the
preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered
out of the mouth of the lion.
- 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his
heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
- 4:19 Salute Prisca and Aquila, and the household of Onesiphorus.
- 4:20 Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick.
- 4:21 Do your diligence to come before winter. Eubulus greets you, and Pudens, and
Linus, and Claudia, and all the brothers.
- 4:22 The Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Grace be with you. Amen.