The King James Clarified (KJC) New Testament
The Second Letter Of John
- 1:1 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I
only, but also all they that have known the truth;
- 1:2 For the truth's sake, which dwells in us, and shall be with us forever.
- 1:3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus
Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
- 1:4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of your children walking in truth, as we have received a
commandment from the Father.
- 1:5 And now I beseech you, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto you,
but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
- 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment,
That, as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.
- 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is
come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
- 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we
receive a full reward.
- 1:9 Whosoever transgresses, and abides not in the doctrine of Christ, has not God. He that
abides in the doctrine of Christ, he has both the Father and the Son.
- 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your
house, neither bid him God speed:
- 1:11 For he that bids him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
- 1:12 Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I
trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.
- 1:13 The children of your elect sister greet you. Amen.