PURPOSE OF WAR EAGLE GIRLS AND PLAINSMEN
As official hostesses and hosts of Auburn University, it shall be the purpose of the War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen to provide services to, and to promote pride in, the University and all of its functions through dedication and responsible conduct of its students and organizations. Furthermore, the War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen shall work in harmony with the President of Auburn University, staff, faculty, students, Auburn Alumni, and the Auburn Community.
BECOMING A MEMBER
The group is chosen through a process consisting of two interviews, the first narrowing the field to 25 women and 25 men and the second resulting in callouts of 24 new members, 12 women and 12 men, in front of Samford Hall along with Miss Auburn, who serves as an honorary member of the group.
Signups for 2013-2014 War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen interviews are closed.
All first round interviews will be held in the Auburn Alumni Center. Professional attire is suggested. There will be a $20 interview fee, payable in cash when you arrive for your interview.
During the first round interview, you will be asked to give campus information regarding a particular building listed on the tour information sheet. It would be in your best interest to know this information.
The results from the first round interviews will be announced at 9:00p.m. Thursday, February 28th in front of Samford Hall.
Second round interviews will be held Friday, March 1st in Samford Hall. The 2013-2014 War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen will be announced at 8:30 p.m. Friday, March 1st in front of Samford Hall.
CONSIDER THE COMMITMENT
Certainly it is an honor and a privilege to be a member of War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen. Along with this, however, comes a tremendous deal of responsibility. There are only twenty-five members in the group, and our services are in demand. Therefore, this organization must be a priority in the life of each War Eagle Girl and Plainsman.
Attendance to all home football games is mandatory. If a member elects to attend an away game, it shall be his or her responsibility to be present in uniform with the group.
If selected, you must attend Senior Speeches on Saturday, March 2nd and the Retreat on March 22-24.
You must adhere to the attendance policy set by the group and at times during the year. You may have to sacrifice a Friday or Saturday night in order to host a function. Before you sign up for an interview, please consider the commitment.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP
1. War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen shall be in good standing at Auburn University.
2. War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen must have and maintain a cumulative 2.0 grade point average while at Auburn.
3. To be eligible for War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen, candidates must be undergraduate students and must have been an enrolled student at Auburn University, (Auburn, AL) for three semesters (excluding summer term), including the semester of selection. A freshman who has attended summer school and who will be classified as a sophomore spring semester is not eligible.
4. War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen must be enrolled with, and be able to represent, Auburn University in a credible manner throughout the entire 2014 spring semester.
5. Student Alumni Board Members, Tiger Eyes (Danceline, Majorettes, Flagline), Cheerleaders, Marching Band Members, and Tiger Paws cannot serve as War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen due to their direct conflict of duties.
6. All members of the group must attend Senior Speeches on March 2nd and the Retreat on March 22th-24th.
7. Lastly, War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen do not require any previous on-campus involvement.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF WAR EAGLE GIRLS & PLAINSMEN
1. Shall attend all meetings at 5:45 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. on Tuesdays.
2. Shall assist at University-sponsored events and receptions.
3. Shall assist student organizations, as appropriate.
4. Shall support the athletic programs during Fall and Spring Semesters.
5. All members are responsible to their advisor and the University.
6. All members shall work cooperatively with the officers of the organization.
7. All home games are mandatory. Away games are optional, but highly encouraged.