TIGER PAWS AUDITION INFORMATION
Auditions for the Tiger Paws will be held on April 26th, & 27th, 2019.
April 26, 2019 Audition Clinic (closed) Auburn Student Activity Center.
- Registration 4:30 pm to 5:00 pm (all candidates must be registered by 5:00 pm)
- Clinic begins at 5:00 pm
April 27, 2019 Auditions (closed) Auburn Student Activity Center
- Candidates arrive at 7:30 am
- Auditions begin promptly at 8:30 am
- Candidates must be enrolled as a full time Auburn University student for the 2019 Spring semester and have a minimum 2.25 cumulative grade point average.
- High school seniors and transfer students may audition if they have been accepted to Auburn University for the following Fall semester.
- Transfer and high school students must bring a copy of their official letter of acceptance from Auburn University Registrar's Office. (please make sure it's a copy, we will not be returning this letter)
- Current Auburn University students must bring verification of grade point average from either your Dean's Office or the Registrar's Office. Please print the form from the toolbar and return in a sealed envelope from the Registrar's office or Dean's office.
- One 5X7 current headshot (will not be returned)
- A complete application includes:
- 5X7 Current headshot
- GPA verification (for current Auburn student) or acceptance letter (High School Senior/Transfer student)
- $30 audition fee (cash only) if registered by April 10th. ($40 if registered between April 10th and the day of the clinic)
- Waiver of liability (under 18 yrs. Must be signed by parent/guardian)
- Early registration before April 10th can be mailed to the following address or dropped off at the Athletics Complex (corner of Samford and Donahue to Helen Baggett):
Auburn Tiger Paws
Attn: Helen Baggett
P.O. Box 351
Auburn, AL 36831
- $30.00 audition fee. (cash only) if registered by April 10th. ($40 if registered between April 10th and the day of the clinic)
- Auditions are closed to the public. (this includes your family, friends and former Tiger Paws members)
- Videotapes will not be accepted.
- An audition dance routine, hip-hop routine, sideline routine and technical progressions will be taught to the candidates during the audition clinic. Potential technical elements included in the dance routine and technical progressions are: double/triple/quad pirouettes, fouette turns, leg hold turns, grande jete, reverse jete, a la seconde leap, calypso leap, and turning disc. (all elements may be performed on both right and left sides) The sideline routine will consist of traditional cheer/pom movements.
- The audition dance routine, sideline routine and technical progressions will be performed in small groups before a panel of judges for the first round of auditions.
- The Top 30 candidates will be announced and proceed to the final round of auditions. The final round is an one-on-one interview with the judges.
- All candidates will be judged in the areas listed below:
- Dance execution and ability; judges will be looking for precision, coordination, timing and above average ability
- Technique: proper execution and control of movements
- Poise and projection
- Attire should consist of a fitted full length top (no midriff showing), black boy shorts and flesh colored tights. The top should be flattering to you and can be of any design, fabric or color.
- No jewelry. Small post earrings are permitted.
- All tattoos and body piercings should be covered during auditions.
- Dance shoes or sneakers.
- Hair pulled out of the participant's face (i.e half up/half down)
PLEASE VISIT THE CONTACT PAGE SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS