2013-2014 TIGER PAWS AUDITION INFORMATION
Auditions for the 2013-2014 Tiger Paws will be held on April 5 & 6, 2013 at the Auburn University Student Activities Center and the Auburn Arena.
April 5, 2013 - Audition clinic (Student Activities Center)
- Registration - 4:30 pm - 5:00 pm (all candidates must be registered by 5:00 pm)
- Clinic begins at 5:00 pm
April 6, 2013 - Auditions (Auburn Arena)
- Candidates arrive at 7:30 am
- Auditions begin promptly at 8:30 am
April 7, 2013 - 2013-2014 Tiger Paws Poster Picture
- Time is TBA
- All selected members are required to be at the picture
- All new members will need tan and black jazz shoes for team picture
- Candidates must be enrolled as a full - time Auburn University student for the 2013 Spring semester and have a minimum 2.25 cumulative grade point average.
- High school seniors and transfer students may audition if they have been accepted to Auburn University for the 2013 Fall semester.
- Transfer and high school students must bring a copy of their official letter of acceptance from Auburn University Registrar's Office. (please make sure it's a copy, we will not be returning this letter)
- Current Auburn University students must bring verification of grade point average from either your Dean's Office or the Registrar's Office. Please print the form from the side toolbar and return in a sealed envelope from the Registrar's office or Dean's office.
- One 5X7 current headshot (will not be returned)
- A complete application includes:
- 5X7 Current headshot
- GPA verification or acceptance letter
- $30 audition fee (CASH ONLY)
- Waiver of liability (under 18 yrs. Must be signed by parent/guardian)
- $30.00 audition fee. (CASH ONLY)
- Auditions are closed to the public. (this includes your family, friends and former Tiger Paws members)
- Videotapes will not be accepted.
- An audition dance routine, sideline routine and technical progressions will be taught to the candidates during the audition clinic. Potential technical elements included in the dance routine and technical progressions are: double/triple/quad pirouettes, fouette turns, leg hold turns, grande jete, reverse jete, a la seconde leap, calypso leap, and turning disc. (all elements may be performed on both right and left sides) The sideline routine will consist of traditional cheer/pom movements.
- The audition dance routine, sideline routine and technical progressions will be performed in small groups before a panel of judges for the first round of auditions.
- The Top 30 candidates will be announced and proceed to the final round of auditions.
- All candidates will be judged in the areas listed below:
- Appearance - pay special attention to your hair and make-up; a toned physique and overall collegiate look will also be areas focused on by the judges.
- Dance execution and ability - judges will be looking for precision, coordination, timing and above average ability
- Technique - proper execution and control of movements
- Poise and projection
- Attire should consist of a fitted full length top (no midriff showing), black boy shorts and flesh colored tights. The top should be flattering to you and can be of any design, fabric or color.
- No jewelry. Small post earrings are permitted.
- All tattoos and body piercings should be covered during auditions.
- Dance shoes or sneakers.
- Hair pulled out of the participant's face (i.e. - half up/half down)
PLEASE VISIT THE CONTACT PAGE SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS