2018-2019 TIGER PAWS AUDITION INFORMATION
Auditions for the Tiger Paws will be held on April 5, & 6, 2018.
April 5, 2018 Audition Clinic (closed) Auburn Arena - enter through Scholarship Entrance.
- Registration 4:30 pm to 5:00 pm (all candidates must be registered by 5:00 pm)
- Clinic begins at 5:00 pm
April 6, 2018 Auditions (closed) Auburn Arena
- Candidates arrive at 7:30 am
- Auditions begin promptly at 8:30 am
- Candidates must be enrolled as a full time Auburn University student for the 2018 Spring semester and have a minimum 2.25 cumulative grade point average.
- High school seniors and transfer students may audition if they have been accepted to Auburn University for the 2018 Fall semester.
- Transfer and high school students must bring a copy of their official letter of acceptance from Auburn University Registrar’s Office. (please make sure it’s a copy, we will not be returning this letter)
- Current Auburn University students must bring verification of grade point average from either your Dean’s Office or the Registrar’s Office. Please print the form from the toolbar and return in a sealed envelope from the Registrar’s office or Dean’s office.
- One 5X7 current headshot (will not be returned)
- A complete application includes:
- 5X7 Current headshot
- GPA verification (for current Auburn student) or acceptance letter (High School Senior/Transfer student)
- $30 audition fee (CASH ONLY) IF REGISTERED BY MARCH 23RD.
- $40 DAY OF CLINIC
- Waiver of liability (under 18 yrs. Must be signed by parent/guardian)
- Early registration before April 5th can be mailed to the following address or dropped off at the Athletics Complex (corner of Samford and Donahue to Helen Baggett) Auburn Tiger Paws Attn: Helen Baggett P.O. Box 351 Auburn, AL 36831
- $30.00 audition fee. (CASH ONLY) IF REGISTERED BY MARCH 23rd, $40 DAY OF CLINIC
- Auditions are closed to the public. (this includes your family, friends and former Tiger Paws members)
- Videotapes will not be accepted.
- An audition dance routine, hip-hop routine, sideline routine and technical progressions will be taught to the candidates during the audition clinic. Potential technical elements included in the dance routine and technical progressions are: double/triple/quad pirouettes, fouette turns, leg hold turns, grande jete, reverse jete, a la seconde leap, calypso leap, and turning disc. (all elements may be performed on both right and left sides) The sideline routine will consist of traditional cheer/pom movements.
- The audition dance routine, sideline routine and technical progressions will be performed in small groups before a panel of judges for the first round of auditions.
- The Top 30 candidates will be announced and proceed to the final round of auditions. The final round is an one-on-one interview with the judges.
- All candidates will be judged in the areas listed below:
- Dance execution and ability; judges will be looking for precision, coordination, timing and above average ability
- Technique: proper execution and control of movements
- Poise and projection
- Attire should consist of a fitted full length top (no midriff showing), black boy shorts and flesh colored tights. The top should be flattering to you and can be of any design, fabric or color.
- No jewelry. Small post earrings are permitted.
- All tattoos and body piercings should be covered during auditions.
- Dance shoes or sneakers.
- Hair pulled out of the participant’s face (i.e half up/half down)
PLEASE VISIT THE CONTACT PAGE SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS