Parent Development Board
The mission of the Parent Development Board is to build relationships with parents that lead to increased interest in financially supporting Auburn University and the Division of Student Affairs. The Board is also tasked with supporting the programs, initiatives, and general goals and purposes of the Division of Student Affairs and to foster bonds with parents of students and alumni. The Board acts both as a fundraising committee and as a forum for the exchange of information concerning the activities and programs of the Division and the University as a whole. The Board provides an opportunity to support events and activities, which enhance the college experience for students and families and help to strengthen the institution’s financial foundation.
Members of the Parent Development Board will be required to be active participants in the developments activities of the Division of Student Affairs. Members will:
- Make a leadership gift of $1,500 or more to the Division of Student Affairs-Parents Unrestricted Gift Fund.
- Identify Prospects. Under the direction and guidance of the Office of Development for the Division of Student Affairs, members assist in identifying leadership gift and major gift prospects.
- Identify potential leadership donors by reviewing rosters of incoming undergraduate students.
- Attend and/or host receptions or other events for parents.
- Serve a two-year renewable term on the Board.
- Become familiar with fundraising, academic, campus, and special event aspects of Auburn University student life.
- Provide a source of wisdom and parent body support for the University, but is not a policy making group.
- Participate in recruitment and selection of Board members.
By invitation of the Vice President for Student Affairs with the guidance of the Office of Development, members to the Board are chosen from parents, family members or guardians of current Auburn students. Members are asked to make personal recommendations for membership. Terms for current parents coincide with their Auburn University student’s full-time enrollment.
It is important that members of the Parent Development Board be well-informed concerning university activities so they may serve as effective spokespersons and advocates. To help accomplish this, the Board meets twice each year—once in the fall and once in the spring, prior to final exams.
Members of the Board shall enjoy the following benefits, including:
- Opportunities to directly enhance student learning and student services at the University
- Programming that provides in depth information regarding various academic, cultural, social, and sports activities at Auburn University
- Social events on campus that provide opportunities for Board members and their students to meet University representatives