- Apply through the new Auburn University Scholarship Opportunity Manager (AUSOM) by December 1 to receive consideration for Freshman Scholarships and priority consideration for General Scholarships. Effective February 1, the Freshman Scholarship deadline has been extended to February 9 due to the winter storm.
- Apply through AUSOM, if you have not already done so, by March 1 to receive consideration for Departmental Scholarships with the college or school in which you plan to major.
- Pursue External Scholarship opportunities.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the March 1 financial aid priority consideration deadline.
- Respond to all scholarship offers by the date requested.
Students who attend another postsecondary institution after high school graduation and prior to enrollment at Auburn are considered transfer students, regardless of the number of transfer credit hours earned and the term they plan to enroll. Transfer students are ineligible for consideration of Freshman Scholarships.
Exceptions are made for students who attend another postsecondary institution the summer immediately following high school graduation and enroll at Auburn fall semester of the same year.