Auburn will select one co-ed squad made up of ten females, ten males, and one mic-man for the 2018-2019 season.
- Must have been enrolled as a full-time Auburn student during Fall Semester 2017 classes.
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time Auburn student in Spring Semester 2018 classes.
- NO FIRST SEMESTER AUBURN STUDENTS MAY TRY OUT.
- NO CURRENT HIGH SCHOOL OR CURRENT TRANSFER STUDENT MAY TRY OUT.
- Must have an overall cumulative Auburn Grade Point Average of a 2.0 or better.
The Auburn Cheerleaders cheer at the following events:
- All Football games (home and away)
- Men’s Basketball (including the SEC Tournament and NCAA Tournament games)
- Women’s Basketball (including the SEC Tournament & NCAA Tournament games)
- Home Gymnastics Meets
- Home Volleyball games
- The Cheerleaders also assist the Auburn Athletics Sports Marketing Department at Auburn Soccer & Auburn Swimming and Diving and make numerous appearances in and around the Auburn Community.
- Tuesday, March 20 - Applications Due
- Monday, April 2 - Mandatory Meeting and Walk Through, Tumbling Cut for Females (If Necessary)
- Tuesday, April 3 - Technical Skills
- Wednesday, April 4 - Interviews (by Callback)
- Wednesday, April 4 - Callouts (Time TBA), Announcement of the 2018-19 Cheerleading Squad
Clinics and tryouts are closed to the public.
The 2018-2019 Auburn Cheerleading tryout application, the Auburn
University Student-Athlete medical packet and a $30 application fee are due by Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 4:45 p.m. in order to be eligible to try out. You may bring them to a clinic or contact Latisha Durroh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements for Females
Back handspring, Standing Back Tuck, Toss Shoulders, Toss Extension, Walk in Extension, Liberty, Cupie, Dance to an Auburn Band Song, Bodda Getta, Track ‘Em, Optional cheer of our choosing, an Optional Stunt, and an Entrance which MUST include running tumbling (must perform a Round off and at least 3 back handsprings in a row or more, at a minimum). May perform layouts, tucks, fulls, etc.
Requirements for Males
Toss Shoulders, Toss Extension, Walk in Extension, Liberty, Cupie, Bodda Getta, Track ‘Em, Optional cheer of our choosing, with a megaphone, Auburn Band Song, an Optional Stunt, and an Entrance which will include running an Auburn flag. Tumbling is not required for males.
Requirments for Mic-Man
Bodda Getta, Track ‘Em, Two Bits, Spell out Auburn, War Eagle (at the end of Spell out), Cheer of choice, Orange/Blue or Auburn/Tigers, It’s Great to be an Auburn Tiger, Hey Song, Fight Song, an Entrance which will include running an Auburn flag and 3 Game Day Situations (that the judges will give the candidate. The candidate must do a cheer to match the game day situation given).
- Clinic Dates - All clinics held in the Watson Field House - Dates are subject to change if Men's or Women's basketball make it to post season tournaments.
- Thursday, February 22nd 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Monday, February 26th 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 20th 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 21st 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Monday, March 26th 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Please check our Facebook Page for the most up to date clinic dates/times.
- Requirements are subject to change
For additional information, please visit www.auburn.edu/cheer or
contact Latisha Durroh at email@example.com or 334-844-2974.
Last Updated: Feb. 26, 2015