|Ensembles||Directors & Staff||Events||Multimedia||Prospective Members||Alumni||Organizations||Friends|
posted May 5, 2013
Welcome prospective band members, current band members, alumni, and curious internet wanderers! Whether on purpose or by accident, you have stumbled upon the loveliest R.A.T. Blog on the Plains. The purpose of this blog is to provide information for our prospective members about life as an AUMB member and to give any advice we (the RAT Royalty) have about bridging the gap between high school and college.
The prospective members and curious internet wanderers may be wondering, “What is this R.A.T. Royalty of which you speak?” R.A.T. is not a derogatory label; it is actually a term of endearment for our Rookie Auburn Tigers (see what our founders did there?). Because we realize that the transition from high school to college is a rather large one, the AUMB provides you with four new best friends, your R.A.T. Kings and Queens! This first blog post is a way for you to learn a little bit about each of us. These five super-interesting facts about each of us can’t be found anywhere else on the internet!
1. I have cut 12 inches off of my hair twice for Locks of Love, once in 7th grade and again in 10th grade. I'll probably do it again once football season is over this year!
2. This past spring, I coached soccer for U8 girls. I played for 12 years before quitting to do color guard in high school.
3. I was born on my due date, and only 4.7% of babies are!
4. I have a mild obsession with my dog, Marley, who is one of the cutest dogs in the world. I have a borderline unhealthy obsession with my dog, Marley, who is THE cutest dog in the world.
5. I danced on stage with the band Train when they came to Auburn a few weeks ago. They're my favorite band. It was, hands down, the best night of my life.
1. I’m six feet tall. I knew you were curious.
2. I’m the only RAT Leader that isn’t a RAT anymore. You’ll find out with this means as we get closer to preseason camp!
3. I have five wisdom teeth and I’ve yet to have them removed. Either I’m genetically inferior to the rest of the human race or I’m really wise. I still haven’t decided.
4. I spent the first eleven years of my life residing in Scottsdale, Arizona. We actually rehearsed at my would-be high school before the National Championship Game!
5. Coffee is my lifeblood. I am always down to meet up for a vanilla latte!
1. I can speak almost fluent French. Bonjour mes amis!
2. I only sweat on the left side of my body...weird right?!
3. I love to cook and make dinner for my friends all the time.
4. I'm an Auburn legacy and my Dad played with Bo Jackson on the 1985 AU football team!! War Eagle!!
5. I was a Drum Major in high school and marched in the Rose Bowl Parade in Pasadena, California!
1. I've wanted to be a doctor since kindergarten- cardiologist, oncologist, cardiothoracic surgeon, pediatrician- but always a physician.
2. My favorite book of the Bible is Romans.
3. I don’t like watermelon. It tastes like a pool noodle. It doesn't help that whenever there’s watermelon it’s at a pool. And a pool noodle is inevitably lurking nearby to remind me of my dislike for watermelon. Also it’s what I would imagine wet styrofoam would taste like.
4. I’m 6’4” and NOT good at basketball, despite the perpetual inquisition.
5. I have a sister with special needs- and I love her to death.
We hoped you have enjoyed getting to know a little bit more about us, your R.A.T. Leaders. We can't wait to meet you all at Preseason Camp in August and get to know a little more about you!
The R.A.T Leaders