“Outreach refers to the function of applying academic expertise to the direct benefit of external audiences in support of university and unit missions” (Chapter 3 of the Faculty Handbook).
Auburn Across Alabama documented more than 400 on-going outreach initiatives statewide. To a lesser degree, faculty and staff have also engaged in initiatives outside of the state of Alabama and internationally. There are four goals for this symposium:
- to showcase the outreach initiatives undertaken by Auburn University faculty and graduate students;
- to demonstrate the ways these initiatives have been transformed into Outreach scholarship;
- to establish a collaborative environment wherein faculty can generate additional outreach initiatives with consideration for integrating evaluative structures that increase the potential for outreach scholarship;
- and, to facilitate the development of successful promotion and tenure portfolios for faculty with outreach and outreach activities.
- Collaborative faculty outreach initiatives
- Documenting outreach scholarship
- Role of faculty engagement in P&T
Who Should Attend?
- Academic administrators
- P&T committee members
- Graduate students