Programs & Services
AuburnServes is a web-based network designed to provide support for faculty in service learning course management and support for students in either classes or organizations, and also those who wish to document their service project activities on an individual basis. The network provides general communications of upcoming service opportunities and calls for volunteers. The networking system is supported by Service Learning Pro, which allows faculty and students to register online, create course or personal profiles, and document service participation. AuburnServes is also on Facebook.
- Contains directory of more than 140 community partners and campus engagement projects.
Annual Faculty & Student Development Programs
- One Volunteer Fair per semester.
- Two Faculty Service Learning and Engagement Colloquias per semester.
- Two Lunch and Learn Community Partner Sessions per semester.
Sponsored Engagement Projects
- Campus Kitchens: food preparation and distribution service.
Key Institutional Faculty Support Resources
- Campus Compact: includes Service Learning resources, a course syllabi library, tools and contacts.
Campus Compact is a national coalition of college and university presidents (and the 6 million students they represent) who are committed to fulfilling the civic purposes of higher education. Campus Compact promotes public and community service that develops students’ citizenship skills, helps campuses forge effective community partnerships, and provides resources and training for faculty seeking to integrate civic and community-based learning into the curriculum.
- Alabama Poverty Project: a state-wide network promoting engagement for poverty related issues.
The Alabama Poverty Project (APP) mobilizes Alabamians to eliminate poverty through strategic partnerships with higher education institutions, community partners, and policymakers. APP provides a wide range of services, including professional development opportunities, on-site presentations, and information services in response to requests from members and community partners.
General Information Resources
- Beyond Auburn magazine: a publication highlighting outreach projects campus-wide.
- Faculty Engagement Resource Guide
- CEU and Outreach Activity Database
Last Updated: September 17, 2015