Office of Public Service seeking AmeriCorps VISTA
The Auburn University Office of Public Service works in conjunction with academic, administrative, and student offices on campus, 67 extension offices statewide, and more than 140 local, regional and national nonprofit agencies (including local school systems) to promote and support faculty/ staff and student engagement.
Note: Applications are being accepted until March 31, 2020. The assignment will start May 11, 2020. A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Graduate students are welcomed to apply.
We are seeking a VISTA to work in three areas:
- Expanding economic opportunity for underserved members of the community.
- Building capacity for nonprofit agencies in the Auburn Serves Network.
- Implementing and expanding food security initiatives.
The Office of Public Service seeks a VISTA member whose primary responsibilities will be:
- Assisting Campus Kitchens Project at Auburn University with a focus on providing supervision and oversight of the meal programming, building capacity, and increasing the number of student volunteers.
- Building and nurturing partnerships with community agencies in the Auburn Serves Network to include keeping contact information up to date, organizing volunteer fairs and training programs, and increasing the number of volunteer opportunities and student participants in the network.
- Assisting Circle K with a focus on increasing the number of student volunteers and building a consistent body of service projects to be completed annually.
Program Benefits: Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Training, Childcare assistance if eligible, Health Coverage*, Living Allowance, Relocation Allowance.
*For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit https://proxy.qualtrics.com/proxy/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vistacampus.gov%2Fhealthcare&token=%2FD7n8IYDiDm6XsoqrlreUCRF%2B5dyBCNzXQYl0dK7Aqk%3D.
Car required. Permits attendance at school during off hours. Permits working at another job during off hours.
Hunger, Education, Children/Youth, Community Outreach, Community and Economic Development.
Education, Writing/Editing, Leadership, Youth Development, Computers/Technology, Community Organization, Communications.
Last Updated: February 24, 2020