Campus Kitchens Project
The Campus Kitchens Project is an emerging leader in community service for students and resourceful anti-hunger programs for communities around the country.
What we do is kind of a no-brainer. We know there are people in every community who need nourishing meals and we know that every college campus has unserved food in its dining halls and brilliant students in its classrooms. So we put them all together!
We empower thousands of students each year to recycle food from their cafeterias, turn these donations into nourishing meals, and deliver those meals to those who need it most.
The best part is that students run the whole show. They plan the menus, get the food, run the cooking shifts, organize the drivers, provide nutrition programs for local children, and teach culinary skills to unemployed adults. Then, they keep track of all of the paperwork (so we know everything's being done safely), organize fundraisers, develop curriculum, and recruit new students to get involved. They accomplish an incredible amount of work every day!
Campus Kitchens News
- Dr. Royrickers Cook, Vice President for University Outreach and Associate Provost, visited the Campus Kitchens Project on Friday, September 27, 2019.
- Auburn University’s Campus Kitchens chapter has been awarded $4,000 by food company Sambazon as one of the four winners of their inaugural Greenhouse Initiative contest.
- Campus Kitchens at Auburn fights hunger throughout the community
- Publix Super Market Charities recently gave $5,000 to the Campus Kitchens Project to ensure that the student organization continues to have the resources necessary to meet hunger needs in the community— on and off campus.
- Auburn’s chapter of The Campus Kitchen works toward ending food insecurity.
- Auburn’s Campus Kitchens Project recognized as Kitchen of the Year.
- The Campus Kitchens Project helps to eliminate food waste on campus by partnering with Tiger Dining.
- The Campus Kitchen at Auburn University received the 'Growing the Movement' award at the 2015 Food Waste & Hunger Summit held on April 18th and 19th at the University of Georgia at Athens.
- The AU Campus Kitchens Project was selected to receive the 2015 Spirit of Sustainability group award for their significant contributions toward sustainability on campus and in the community.
Last Updated: September 21, 2020