GRE Test Prep Course
Classroom Based | Live-Online | Workshop
The GRE measures critical thinking, analytical writing, verbal reasoning, and quantitative reasoning skills. The GRE is required for a large variety of master's degree and doctoral degree programs. Master's in Education (ME), Social Work (MSW), Nurse Practitioner (NP), Business, and Public Administration programs often require or accept the GRE General exam.
"In taking your class, my verbal score went up 3 points and my math score up 9, giving me a 12 point increase. There was no way I would have made it without taking your course." — Kevin
"I feel 100% more confident. I received unofficial word today that I have been accepted to the Ph.D program." — Sandy
GRE Test Prep Course Overview
Quantitative Topics include:
- picking numbers, both for quantitative comparison and for multiple choice problems
- tips for breaking complex word problems into small, manageable parts
- tips for turning geometry diagrams into solvable equations
Verbal Topics include:
- solving antonym and analogy problems when you don't know the vocabulary
- answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
- using comparison and contrast clues to solve sentence completion problems
General Topics Include:
- utilizing the process of elimination
- mastering time management skills
- minimizing test anxiety
- identifying common distracters
- strategies for the analytical writing section are outlined and sample prompts with accompanying essays are discussed.
GRE Course Plans
- Session 1: Introduction to the GRE, Computer Adaptive Testing, Quantitative Comparisons, Picking Numbers
- Session 2: Quantitative Equations, Exponents
- Session 3: Quantitative and Verbal Fractions, Analogies
- Session 4: Quantitative Percents and Averages, Rates, Ratios, Proportions
- Session 5: Quantitative and Verbal Lines, Angles, Triangles, Sentence completion
- Session 6: Quantitative and Verbal Circles, Polygons, Reading Comprehension
- Session 7: Quantitative and Verbal Coordinate Geometry, Volume/surface area, Reading Comprehension
- Session 8: Quantitative and Verbal Data Representation Antonyms, Comprehensive Review, Process of elimination, Analytical writing
Let us help you take the first step to an advanced degree with GRE test preparation at Auburn University. Gain the skills and confidence you need to score high on the GRE. Maximize your potential with 24 hours of in-classroom instruction covering each of the three main sections of the GRE General Exam- Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, and Quantitative Reasoning. Sharpen your skills on actual GRE exam questions and follow our proven study plan on your way to success.
Why Prepare for the GRE with Auburn University Test Prep?
- Expert Instructors: Our highly trained instructors are here for you! Our experienced instructors understand the GRE and care about helping you achieve your goals.
- Value: The course fee includes instruction as well as all course materials. The GRE Prep Course includes Practicing to Take the GRE General Test -the most recent publication from Educational Testing Consultants, Inc., the official GRE provider, and the GRE Student Workbook, designed to supplement your classroom lessons.
- Convenience: Auburn University's test prep courses are conveniently held on main campus.
Now you can benefit from the quality of Auburn University's traditional classroom GRE Prep Class from the comfort and convenience of your home. This intensive online GRE class is delivered by a live instructor and provides you with all the interactivity of a classroom experience. Whether you are in Mobile, Birmingham, Huntsville, across the state, or across the globe, our live-online GRE Prep class will help you prepare for this important exam.
You are ready for Graduate School. Let us help you take the first step to an advanced degree with GRE test preparation from Auburn University.
During this course you will:
- Maximize your potential with 24 hours quality live-online instruction covering each of the three main sections of the GRE General exam: Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, and Quantitative Reasoning.
- Sharpen your skills on actual GRE exam questions and follow our proven study plan on your way to success.
Free Strategy Workshop
Join us for an informative introduction to the revised GRE. If you are preparing for graduate school, you know that success on the GRE exam will play a critical role in your acceptance into the program of your choice. You want to study with the best. Come meet with our experienced instructor to learn about the test and pick up a few tricks. We know you'll get a lot out of this free session.
Who Should Attend
This free session is open to all individuals considering graduate school, including university juniors and seniors as well as those who have been out of school for a while. If you have taken the test before, this session will help you better prepare for the GRE.
Due to limited seats, preregistration is encouraged for the GRE Free Strategy Workshop.
Last Updated: December 12, 2016