|Test Prep Home||GMAT Prep||GRE PREP||LSAT PREP||ACT PREP|
Auburn University’s ACT Summer Prep Course offers serious preparation for the high stakes undergraduate admissions exams.
We understand the vital role that college entrance exams, such as the ACT, can play in college admissions. Acceptance into a student’s school of choice can hinge on his or her performance on high stakes standardized tests. Properly prepared students are more likely to perform to their highest potential, and Auburn University Test Prep is here to help students meet their potential.
Auburn University’s ACT Test Prep course offers comprehensive preparations. The ACT Summer Prep Course is an intensive test prep program that provides students with the tools they need to prepare for, and excel on the ACT test. The condensed four day format is a convenient way for students to develop essential test taking tools. Students are provided with an in-depth review of the exam materials, insight into strategies for succeeding on standardized tests, and a comprehensive study plan.
Math Topics include:
- techniques for picking numbers for problems with variables in the answer choices
- strategies for solving complicated geometry problems by breaking them into smaller parts
- tactics for translating difficult word problems into equations
Reading topics include:
- how to read a passage for structure rather than content
- approaches for quickly identifying the parts of a passage needed to answer a question
- techniques for answer questions with unfocused stems
English topics include:
- an overview of the most common mistakes in sentence correction items
- spotting correct uses of idiomatic speechs
- the important role of punctuation in sentence correction items
Science reasoning topics include:
- techniques for extracting information from charts and graphs quickly and efficiently
- tips for comparing and contrasting two or more experiments or studies
- spotting positive and negative correlations in charts and graphs
General topics include:
- utilizing the process of elimination
- time management strategies
- reducing test anxiety
- recognizing common distractors
Download a printable flyer on the Classroom Based ACT Prep Course.
Last Updated: February 12, 2013