2015 Tax Workshop with Michael Ferguson, CPA, CFP
This Auburn University tax workshop, with popular instructor Michael Ferguson, will cover key tax implications of this filing season. Be prepared to answer your clients’ questions and help them prepare for the upcoming changes.
The workshop will present information about current and new tax laws for individuals and businesses.
- Affordable Healthcare Act Tax Issues
- Net Investment Income Tax Issues
- Corporate and Partnership Basis - Calculations and Distribution
- Individual Tax Planning Opportunities
Who Should Attend & Course Objectives
This seminar is designed for:
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA)
- Enrolled Agents (EA)
- Public Accountants
- Tax Practitioners
Objectives & Prerequisites
- What are the course objectives? Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Apply specific concepts and strategies covered in the seminar while preparing 2015 tax returns, and
- Advise clients about planning strategies applicable to their situations.
- What are the course prerequisites?
- Prerequisites: At least several years of experience as a professional tax preparer and an understanding of tax rules and regulations associated with individual and business tax returns.
- Advanced Preparation: None required
- NASBA Program Level: Update and overview
- Delivery Method: Group-Live
Tax Workshop Accreditation
This course qualifies for 8 CPE for all tax professionals and 6.5 CLE for attorneys.
- CPE credits: Up to 8 based on attendance
- Field of Study(NASBA): Taxes (8)
- IRS Categories: Federal Tax (8)
- CLE: Taxation (6.5)
Choose one session: Click on the site for online registration information
- Early Bird Fee: $200
- Late fee of $225 begins 10 days prior to the start of the program
Printable Registration Form
- Click here for a printable registration form to register by phone, mail, or fax.
About the Instructor - Michael Ferguson, CPA, CFP
Michael Ferguson is a CPA and Certified Financial Planner with over twenty years’ experience in accounting, tax, and financial planning for businesses and individuals. Currently his practice is located in Guntersville, Alabama, where he works with clients from all over the country. He has owned a firm in metro Atlanta, and returned to northeast Alabama in 1987. In 2013, he formed a new partnership with his firm in Guntersville and opened the Gateway Group, LLC. He has been an Auburn University Tax instructor for the past nine years. He holds a Bachelor of Professional Accountancy degree from Mississippi State University and served as a commissioned officer in the U S Army.
Last Updated: December 13, 2016