Online Tax Seminar
REGISTER NOW FOR TAX SEMINARS ONLINE
Online Tax Seminar Option Begins Nov 16: With Beanna Whitlock, EA, and Chris Bird, EA, CFP
Since 1973, Auburn University has provided quality continuing education at an affordable price for enrolled agents, certified public accountants, public accountants, certified financial planners, tax practitioners, and attorneys.
Due to COVID-19, Auburn University Accounting and Tax Training Institute will offer live tax seminars with limited seating and online tax seminars.
Auburn University Online Tax Seminar is taught by Beanna Whitlock, EA and Chris Bird, EA, CFP. Designed for tax professionals with at least several years' experience as a professional tax preparer and an understanding of tax rules and regulations associated with individual and business tax returns. A quiz will be issued upon completion of the course and a pass rate of 75% for certificate credit.
- The National Income Tax Workbooks will be offered for an additional fee for the online tax seminars. You may choose a virtual or hardcover edition of the book.
- Virtual edition of the National Income Tax Workbook – $25
- Hardcover is out of stock. If you want a hardcover National Income Tax Workbook edition shipped directly to you prior to the start of the online seminar, you may purchase for $45 fee. This hardcover book purchase must be made two weeks prior to the start of the seminar to allow time for shipment. We cannot guarantee it will arrive in time if purchased less than two weeks ahead of class time.
- Start date is November 16, 2020, and you have until February 1, 2021, to complete the course modules and each topic quiz.
- You will receive an invitation to our learning management system to view and complete the modules at your own pace. You do not have to complete the entire 16 hours of the course in two days. You will have from November 16 until February 1 to compete all modules.
- A certificate will be issued when each module quiz is complete with a passing rate of 75%.
- A hardcover copy of the book is available for a $45 fee for shipment two weeks prior to the start of the program.
- Or a virtual copy of the book is available for $25.
- Order your optional books when you register. If ordered less than two weeks prior to the start of the class. We cannot guarantee the hardcover book will arrive in time for your online class date. For more information about the books email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
This course is designed for:
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA)
- Enrolled Agents (EA)
- Certified Financial Planners (CFP)
- Public Accountants (PA)
- Tax Practitioners
- Annual Filing Season Program practitioners (AFSP)
This course offers:
- Online instruction on new and current tax laws plus special topics for tax professionals with at least several years of experience as a professional tax preparer and an understanding of tax rules and regulations associated with individual and business tax returns.
- • This course fulfills the continuing education requirements for all tax professionals including Certified Public Accountants (CPA), Enrolled Agents (EA), Public Accountants (PA), Certified Financial Planners (CFP), Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP) practitioners, and attorneys (CLE). All live courses qualify for taxation 14 CPE and (regulatory ethics 2 CPE) or for attorneys - 13.3 CLE including 1.7 hours of Ethics when applicable.
- Practical information for your tax practice.
- The National Income Tax Workbook offers tax professionals current information needed to prepare individual and small business income tax returns. The book is annually updated to incorporate the most current tax laws and appropriate guidance. This publication is used as the course tax workbook at all Land Grant University Tax Education Foundation tax seminars throughout the United States. Hardcover editions will be sold for $45 (see REGISTRATION tab) to be shipped directly to registrants or a virtual edition may be purchased for $25 for immediate distribution.
Online Tax Seminar Accreditation
These seminars have been approved for the following continuing education credits for each module completed and with participants passing each qualified assessment rate of 75% or more:
- Field of Study(NASBA) for CPAs: Taxes - 14 CPE and (regulatory ethics - 2 CPE) = 16 CPE
- IRS Categories: Federal Update (3); Federal Tax (11); Regulatory Ethics (2)
- CFP: General Session credits (14 CPE)
- CLE: Taxation (13.3); Ethics (1.7)
Objectives & Prerequisites
- Course objectives: Upon completion of this online seminar, participants will be able to:
- Apply specific concepts and strategies covered in the online seminar while preparing tax returns, and
- Advise clients about planning strategies applicable to their situations.
- Prerequisites: At least several years of experience as a professional tax preparer and an understanding of tax rules and regulations associated with individual and business tax returns.
- Advanced Preparation: None required
- NASBA Program Level: Overview
- Delivery Method: Self-Study Program Delivery
- Qualified Assessment Required: 75% or more of the learning objectives in each topic module completed must be met
Certificates of Attendance
Certificates will be emailed to each registrant completing the seminar with a 75% or more pass rate for each module. No certificates will be mailed.
All complaints should be referred directly to Claire Twardy, Tax Seminar Program Developer, Auburn University Accounting & Tax Training Institute (334-844-5100) email@example.com or to Hope Stockton, Director, (334-844-5101) Auburn University, Office of Professional & Continuing Education, 301 O.D. Smith Hall, Auburn, AL, 36849-5608 or email Hope Stockton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Seminars with Beanna Whitlock
|Start Date||Session Title||Cost||Register Online|
|November 16, 2020||Retirement and Investment Issues - 1 CPE||$30||Register|
|November 16, 2020||Trust and Estate Issues - 1 CPE||$30||Register|
|November 16, 2020||IRS Tax Issues Update - 1 CPE||$30||Register|
|November 16, 2020||S Corp Tax Issues - 1 CPE||$30||Register|
|November 16, 2020||Individual Tax Issues - 2 CPE||$50||Register|
|November 16, 2020||Ethics - 2 CPE||$50||Register|
Online Seminars with Chris Bird
|Start Date||Session Title||Cost||Register Online|
|November 16, 2020||Financial Distress Tax Issues - 1 CPE||$30||Register|
|November 16, 2020||Business Tax Issues - 1 CPE||$30||Register|
|November 16, 2020||Business Entities Tax Issues - 1 CPE||$30||Register|
|November 16, 2020||Agricultural and Natural Resource Tax Issues - 1 CPE||$30||Register|
|November 16, 2020||Qualified Business Income Tax Issues - 2 CPE||$50||Register|
|November 16, 2020||New and Expiring Tax Issues - 2 CPE||$50||Register|
- Registration fees: Registration fees differ based on course location. Please see individual session location tabs for fees.
- On-site registration: On-site registration only possible on a space available basis. Please phone 334.844.5100 to determine space availability.
|Auburn University Tax Online Seminar Optional Materials||Cost|
2020 National Income Tax Workbook (Virtual edition)
NOTE: This virtual edition of the book will be emailed to you upon ordering.
|$25.00 (our office will send immediately upon ordering)|
- Written notice within 10 days of the start of the online seminar a full refund will be issued less a $25.00 administrative fee;
- NO REFUNDS will be issued after the start of an online seminar.
For more information about cancellations or transfers, please email us at email@example.com or call 334-844-5100.
Last Updated: December 15, 2020