2020 Introductory Income Tax Workshop
The Auburn University 2020 Introductory Income Tax Workshop will focus on basic Federal Income Tax Form preparation for beginning tax practitioners.
This tax workshop is designed for individuals beginning their career in tax preparation or those wanting a refresher course. This workshop is also beneficial for seasonal temporary tax staff. Each participant will receive a tax workshop booklet that will include instructional material, tax forms, and tax examples.
No prerequisites and no advance preparation required. Each workshop provides a total of 400 minutes of instruction. 8CPE
For over forty-five years, Auburn University has provided quality continuing education at an affordable price for tax professionals, enrolled agents, certified public accountants, tax practitioners, and attorneys.
- Introduction of Federal Tax Form 1040
- Income – Taxable or Non-taxable?
- Deductions – To be or not to be?
- Tax Rate Schedules
- Schedule C and Schedule F
- Schedule E
- Earned Income Credit
- Retirement Tax Issues
- Taxation of Social Security Benefits
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for:
- Beginning tax preparers
- Tax practice staff members
- Tax professionals seeking refresher course information
- Seasonal/temporary tax staff members
- Individuals seeking knowledge about basic tax forms
Course Objectives & Prerequisites
- What are the course objectives? Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Apply specific concepts and strategies covered in the seminar while preparing 2019 tax returns, and advise clients about planning strategies applicable to their situations.
- What are the course prerequisites?
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites required for this course.
- Advanced Preparation: None required
- NASBA Program Level: Overview
- Delivery Method: Group-Live
Tax Workshop Accreditation
- CPE credits: Up to 8 based on attendance
- Field of Study(NASBA): Taxation (8)
- IRS Categories: Federal Tax (8)
Choose one session: Click on the site for online registration information
- Early Bird Fee: $250
- Late fee of $275 begins 10 days prior to the start of the program
About the Instructor - Michael Ferguson, CPA, CFP
Michael Ferguson is a CPA and Certified Financial Planner with over thirty years’ experience in accounting, tax, and financial planning for businesses and individuals. Currently his practice is located in Guntersville, Alabama, where he works with clients from all over the southeast. He has owned a firm in metro Atlanta, then returned to northeast Alabama in 1987. In 2013, he formed a new partnership with his firm in Guntersville and opened the Gateway Group, LLC. He has been an Auburn University Tax instructor for the past twelve years. He holds a Bachelor of Professional Accountancy degree from Mississippi State University and served as a commissioned officer in the U S Army.
Last Updated: November 12, 2019