2016 Tax Professional Seminar: Arkansas
The Auburn University Tax Professional Seminars and Accounting seminars are sponsored by the Office of Professional & Continuing Education in cooperation with the Internal Revenue Service. Auburn University is also a member of the Land Grant University Tax Education Foundation.
For over forty years, Auburn University has provided quality continuing education at an affordable price for enrolled agents, certified public accountants, public accountants, certified financial planners, other tax return preparers, and attorneys.
In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, CPE credits have been granted based on a 50-minute hour. National Registry of CPE Sponsors Number: 134562
Auburn University Accounting & Tax Training Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org. Member #134562
Auburn University Accounting & Tax Training Institute is a IRS Continuing Education Provider. Provider #BYNJN, visit www.irs.gov/taxpros/ce for more information. IRS Continuing Education (CE) is only mandatory for Enrolled Agents (EAs) and Enrolled Retirement Plan Agents. Participation in CE by all other unenrolled tax practitioners is not an official designation, but these individuals may voluntarily take continuing education.
These seminars have been approved for the following continuing education credits:
|2-Day Fall Tax Seminars:|
|Field of Study (NASBA)||Taxes - 14 CPE and (regulatory ethics - 2 CPE)|
|IRS Categories||Federal Update (3); Federal Tax (11); Regulatory Ethics (2)|
|CFP||General Session credits (14 CPE)|
|CLE||Taxation (13.3); Ethics (1.7)|
1. What are the course objectives? Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Apply specific concepts and strategies covered in the seminar while preparing 2015 tax returns, and
- Advise clients about planning strategies applicable to their situations.
2. What are the course prerequisites?
|Prerequisites:||At least several years of experience as a professional tax preparer and an understanding of tax rules and regulations associated with individual and business tax returns|
|Advanced Preparation:||None required|
|NASBA Program Level:||Overview|
This course is designed for:
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA)
- Enrolled Agents (EA)
- Certified Financial Planners (CFP)
- Public Accountants (PA)
- Tax Practitioners
- Annual Filing Season Program practitioners (AFSP)
This course offers:
- Lectures on new and current tax laws plus special topics for tax professionals with at least several years of experience as a professional tax preparer and an understanding of tax rules and regulations associated with individual and business tax returns.
- This course fulfills the continuing education requirements for all tax professionals including Certified Public Accountants (CPA), Enrolled Agents (EA), Public Accountants (PA), Certified Financial Planners (CFP), Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP) practitioners, and attorneys (CLE). All sessions qualify for taxation 14 CPE and (regulatory ethics 2 CPE) or for attorneys - 13.3 CLE including 1.7 hours of Ethics when applicable.
- Practical information for your tax practice.
- The National Income Tax Workbook complete with index and searchable CD. This 700 page tax workbook offers tax professionals current information needed to prepare individual and small business income tax returns. The book is completely rewritten each year to incorporate the most current tax laws and appropriate guidance. The CD includes complete text from the 2005-2015 books. This publication is used at all Land Grant University income tax seminars throughout the United States. This book is only available to registrants of the seminar. No individual books will be sold without complete registration at a seminar site.
Choose one session:
|2016 Date||City||Location||Agenda||Early Fee||Register Online|
|Oct. 25-26||Fayetteville||Fayetteville Town Center||Agenda||$225||Register|
|Oct. 27-28||Little Rock||Embassy Suites Little Rock||Agenda||$225||Register|
Printable Registration Form
- Click here for a printable registration form to register by phone, mail, or fax.
- Click here to register online.
- For additional registration information call 334-844-5100 or email email@example.com
- Early Bird Registration - $225
- Registration received more than 3 days before the start of the seminar.
- Late Registration - $250
- Registration received less than 10 days before the start of the seminar.
- On-site registration - $275
- On-site registration only possible on a space available basis. Please phone 334.844.5100 to determine space availability.
The fee is NON-REFUNDABLE. Requests to transfer your registration to another person or another seminar site will be accommodated, when possible, for an additional $ 25.00 fee. Those registering and not attending the seminar may have materials sent to them by mailing a written request and a check for an additional $25.00 to cover shipping and handling (via UPS) to the Office of Professional & Continuing Education, 301 O.D. Smith Hall, Auburn, AL, 36849-5608.
Tax Professional Seminar Accreditation
- CPAs: 16 CPE hours of federal income taxation (includes 2 hours of ethics)
- Enrolled Agents*: 16 hours of federal income taxation (includes 2 hours of ethics)
- CFPs: 14 hours of General Session credits
- Attorneys: 13.5 CLE hours (including 1.8 ethics) when applicable
- AFSP*: 16 hours of federal income taxation (includes 2 hours of ethics)
*All AFSP and EA credit hours will be reported by our staff to the IRS.
All complaints should be referred directly to Claire Twardy, Tax Seminar Program Developer, Auburn University Accounting & Tax Training Institute (334-844-5100) firstname.lastname@example.org or to Hope Stockton, Director, (334-844-5101) Auburn University, Office of Professional & Continuing Education, 301 O.D. Smith Hall, Auburn, AL, 36849-5608 or email Hope Stockton at email@example.com.
Last Updated: October 10, 2016