Junior Vet Camp | rising 6th - 8th graders | July 12-17, 2015
Vet Camp | rising 9th - 11th graders | May 31 - June 5, 2015
Senior Vet Camp | rising 12th graders | May 31 - June 5, 2015
Veterinary Camp is conducted by faculty, staff, and students from Auburn's College of Veterinary Medicine, and offered to students interested in the field of veterinary medicine. Camps are offered by school grade with Junior Vet Camp for rising 6th-8th graders, a Senior Vet Camp for rising 9th-11th graders and a Senior Vet Camp exclusively for 12th graders.
Camp participants will learn about veterinary medicine first-hand in classrooms, laboratories, and outdoor facilities that include Auburn's raptor, equine, dairy, beef, and swine units. Students will learn about public health, food animals, wildlife, anatomy, imaging, and first aid, as well as gain valuable mentoring about veterinary science careers. Due to the hands-on nature of the camp, participation will be limited to 30 students in Junior Vet Camp, 40 students in Senior Vet Camp for rising 9th - 11th graders, and 10 students in Senior Vet Camp for rising 12th graders.
Students will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Camp participants will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
All Veterinary Camps tuition will be $745 per person and covers all instruction, housing, meals, transportation fees, and recreational activities.
How to Apply:
- Complete and submit the application and essay form for your camp, according to grade level. Only complete applications and essays will be reviewed.
- Application and essay forms will be processed and reviewed in the order they are received. Priority will be given to first-time applicants.
- Selected applicants will be notified by March 1, 2015. Once notified of selection, applicants will be able to register for their respective camp.
- All applicants will be required to pay in full by April 1, 2015.
Required Forms and Insurance
Please complete the required camp form packet below, no later than two weeks prior to the start of camp. All information provided remains confidential.
If you consent to allowing campers to self-administer required medication, please print and complete the form listed below. (NOTE: You will need to upload this form when you reach the end of the Summer Camp Form Packet.)
As proof of health insurance, all participants must upload a copy of their health insurance card (front and back) with the camp form packet. If the participant does not have current health insurance coverage; please contact us as soon as possible for options. (NOTE: You will need to upload the front and back of your insurance card when you reach the end of the Summer Camp Form Packet.)
- Camp FAQs
- Camp Supplies
- Getting to Auburn
- Summer Experience on Facebook
- Auburn University Admissions: Prospective Students
- College of Veterinary Medicine Open House
- Auburn University Campus Tours + Visit
- The Auburn-Opelika Tourism Bureau: Local Lodging, Shopping, and Dining
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Please read our Cancellation & Refund Policy.
For program questions, please contact the coordinator, Jeff Dyal at 334.844.5817.
Last Updated: December 1, 2014