Junior Vet Camp for rising 6th - 8th graders | June 15-20, 2014
Senior Vet Camp for rising 9th - 11th graders | June 1-6, 2014
Senior Vet Camp for rising 12th graders | June 1-6, 2014
Veterinary Camp is conducted by faculty, staff, and students from Auburn's College of Veterinary Medicine, and offered to students interested in the field of veterinary medicine. Camps are offered by school grade with Junior Vet Camp for rising 6th-8th graders, a Senior Vet Camp for rising 9th-11th graders and a Senior Vet Camp exclusively for 12th graders.
Camp participants will learn about veterinary medicine first-hand in classrooms, laboratories, and outdoor facilities that include Auburn's raptor, equine, dairy, beef, and swine units. Students will learn about public health, food animals, wildlife, anatomy, imaging, and first aid, as well as gain valuable mentoring about veterinary science careers. Due to the hands-on nature of the camp, participation will be limited to 30 students in Junior Vet Camp, 40 students in Senior Vet Camp for rising 9th - 11th graders, and 10 students in Senior Vet Camp for rising 12th graders.
Students will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Camp participants will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
- “This was really a fun camp and taught me so much about being a vet” – Alexis
- “Very helpful for planning a veterinary career” – Danielle
- “Very educational and life-changing” – Kathryn
- “A thrilling experience which will make you want to come back for more” – Katherine
- “Very high quality” – Nathan
- “A great opportunity to talk and get advice from current AU vet students” – Sarah
- “Amazingly fun and interactive” – Tia
- “The friends you make are AMAZING” – Lauryn
Tuition is $695 per person and covers all instruction, housing, meals, transportation fees, and recreational activities.
The 2014 vet camps are full and we are unable to accept additional applications. Registration for the 2015 vet camps will begin in December 2014.
To apply for Vet Camp:
- Complete and submit the application and essay form for your camp, according to grade level. Only complete applications and essays will be reviewed.
- Application and essay forms will be processed and reviewed in the order they are received. Priority for the 2014 vet camps will be given to first-time applicants.
- Selected applicants will be notified by March 1, 2014. Once notified of selection, applicants will be required to pay in full by April 1, 2014.
Required Forms and Insurance
If you are selected to attend Veterinary Camp, complete and return the required camp form packet. Return instructions are included in the packet.
- Click here for the required camp form packet.
As proof of health insurance, all participants must attach a copy of the participant's health insurance card (front and back) with the camp form packet. If the participant does not have current health insurance coverage, please contact us as soon as possible for options.
- Camp FAQs
- Camp Supplies
- Getting to Auburn
- Summer Experience on Facebook
- Auburn University Admissions: Prospective Students
- College of Veterinary Medicine Open House
- Auburn University Campus Tours + Visit
- The Auburn-Opelika Tourism Bureau: Local Lodging, Shopping, and Dining
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Please read our Cancellation & Refund Policy.
For program questions, please contact the coordinator, Jeff Dyal at 334.844.5817.
Last Updated: July 1, 2014