Summer Art Studio Intensive
June 21-26, 2015
If you are a rising 10th, 11th, or 12th grade art student who wants to pursue excellence in your artwork, and would like to experience a strong university art program and the Auburn University community and campus, our Auburn Summer Art Studio Intensive presents a great opportunity. Our spacious and well-appointed Department of Art studios in Biggin Hall, right off Toomer’s Corner and downtown Auburn, provide an ideal setting for the camp, and we’ll offer an immersive course of instruction that will jumpstart and expand your art making abilities.
Taught by Auburn art professors and assisted by advanced art majors, we’ll give participants an in-depth look at how art is taught at Auburn, and give students individual attention as they participate in a series of exercises and projects, including:
- Sketchbook-based creativity exercises that help you tap your interests and ideas
- Exploration of traditional and innovative approaches to drawing and painting
- A ceramics focus that gives an overview of 3-D art
- Strategies of critique that show new ways of thinking and seeing
- Portfolio development: ideas and skills with which to build new and better work
- A behind-the-scenes look at the world of museum professions at the Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art
In addition to their work in the studio, participants will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Camp participants will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
Workshop tuition is $715 and includes all instruction, housing, meals, and recreational activities. Enrollment is limited to 20 students so register early.
Registration for 2015 will open soon!
Required Forms and Insurance
Please complete the required camp form packet below, no later than two weeks prior to the start of camp. All information provided remains confidential.
If you consent to allowing campers to self-administer required medication, please print and complete the form listed below. (NOTE: You will need to upload this form when you reach the end of the Summer Camp Form Packet.)
As proof of health insurance, all participants must upload a copy of their health insurance card (front and back) with the camp form packet. If the participant does not have current health insurance coverage; please contact us as soon as possible for options. (NOTE: You will need to upload the front and back of your insurance card when you reach the end of the Summer Camp Form Packet.)
- Camp FAQs
- Camp Supplies
- Getting to Auburn
- Auburn University Department of Art
- Summer Experience on Facebook
- Auburn University Admissions: Prospective Students
- Auburn University Campus Tours + Visit
- The Auburn-Opelika Tourism Bureau: Local Lodging, Shopping, and Dining
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Please read our Cancellation & Refund Policy.
For program questions, please contact the coordinator, Jeff Dyal at 334.844.5817.
Last Updated: December 4, 2014