Project Design Week
July 13-18, 2014
Are you thinking about a future as a Fashion Designer? Interior Designer? Retail Buyer? Visual Merchandiser? Retail Store Manager? Lighting Consultant? Fashion Forecaster or Journalist? How about a career in Apparel or Interiors Product Development? Sports Apparel Promotion and Licensing? Apparel or Textile Production and Import/Export Specialist?
If you are a rising 9th-12th grade student and you would like to learn more about these and related career opportunities, we invite you to join us for Project Design Week at Auburn University July 13-18, 2014!
Working with College of Human Sciences faculty, staff, and students in the Department of Consumer Affairs, Project Design Week participants will experience a fun-filled week of various hands-on activities having to do with the design and merchandising of apparel, interiors, and accessories.
Field trips, guest speakers, computer-aided design projects, creative design opportunities, and team-building activities will provide a wide variety of new and eye-opening educational experiences. No prior preparation or classes are required.
Participants will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. nCamp participants will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
- “The draping project was fabulous! I could do it all day every day. This camp was amazing.” – Abby
- “An amazing learning experience” – Aubrey
- “Loved it all” – Raven
- “Draping gave us the freedom to express ourselves. To actually be able to just create an outfit was great” – Ja’Nae
- “Well planned out and organized! This was very helpful for me to talk to the professors and admissions people!” – Lauren
Enrollment is limited to 24 students.
Workshop tuition is $645 and includes all instruction, housing, meals, and recreational activities.
Required Forms and Insurance
Complete and return the required camp form packet not later than two weeks prior to camp start date. Return instructions are included in the packet.
- Click here for the required camp form packet.
As proof of health insurance, all participants must attach a copy of the participant's health insurance card (front and back) with the camp form packet. If the participant does not have current health insurance coverage, please contact us as soon as possible for options.
- Camp FAQs
- Camp Supplies
- Getting to Auburn
- Auburn’s Interior Design program named best in nation by DesignIntelligence
- Summer Experience on Facebook
- Auburn University Admissions: Prospective Students
- Auburn University Campus Tours + Visit
- The Auburn-Opelika Tourism Bureau: Local Lodging, Shopping, and Dining
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Please read our Cancellation & Refund Policy.
For program questions, please contact the coordinator, Jeff Dyal at 334.844.5817.
Last Updated: July 23, 2014