Session 1 | June 22-27, 2014
Session 2 | July 13-18, 2014
Architecture Camp, conducted by faculty, staff, and students from Auburn's School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape Architecture, part of the College of Architecture, Design, and Construction, is offered to rising 11th and 12th grade students interested in the field of architectural design. The program is an intensive, exciting, week-long workshop that begins with basic concepts and ends with an architectural design project.
Working in the School of Architecture studios each day, students will have hands-on exercises, technical demonstrations, and professional guest speakers. Students will receive individual attention and guidance throughout camp.
Program faculty consists of dedicated and caring Auburn faculty members who hold degrees in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, and the Fine Arts. The faculty's diverse background will ensure students a broad perspective of design.
In addition to their work the in studio, students will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Camp participants will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
- “Architecture camp was a defining moment for me. I feel as if I have matured more in these mere 6 days than in my whole life. I feel I can do more than succeed, I can live my dream” – Caroline
- “It was really fun and a good experience” – Will
- “A great experience for students to be able to get a feel for college life and their respective fields of study” – Carter
- “I made so many friends! The people are so nice!” – Frank
- “The Auburn students and staff were very welcoming and helpful. By going to this camp, I have decided that Auburn would be a great place to go to school.” – Anastasia
- “Very informative and fun” – Daniel
Enrollment for each session is limited to 30 students.
Tuition is $645 and covers all instruction, housing, meals, and recreational activities.
A limited number of program scholarships may be available through the College of Architecture Design and Construction Academic Success Action Program (ASAP). Interested students should contact Dr. Carla Bell at 334.844.4549.
- Click here to register online for Session 1: June 22-27
- Click here to register online for Session 2: July 13-18
- Click here to register by phone, mail, or fax
Required Forms and Insurance
Please complete the required camp form packet below, no later than two weeks prior to the start of camp. All information provided remains confidential.
If you consent to allowing campers to self-administer required medication, please print and complete the form listed below. (NOTE: You will need to upload this form when you reach the end of the Summer Camp Form Packet.)
As proof of health insurance, all participants must upload a copy of their health insurance card (front and back) with the camp form packet. If the participant does not have current health insurance coverage; please contact us as soon as possible for options. (NOTE: You will need to upload the front and back of your insurance card when you reach the end of the Summer Camp Form Packet.)
- Camp FAQs
- Camp Supplies
- Getting to Auburn
- Summer Experience on Facebook
- Auburn University Admissions: Prospective Students
- Auburn University Campus Tours + Visit
- The Auburn-Opelika Tourism Bureau: Local Lodging, Shopping, and Dining
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Please read our Cancellation & Refund Policy.
For program questions, please contact the coordinator, Jeff Dyal at 334.844.5817.
Last Updated: October 17, 2014