Summer College for High School Students
Auburn University was established in 1856 and remains one of the few universities to carry the torch as a land, sea and space grant university. Our faculty and staff, recognized experts in their fields, are eager to share the best of Auburn and provide a high-quality summer college experience to talented high school juniors and seniors this summer! Students have the opportunity to:
- Grow academically in an intensive learning experience
- Further develop academic interests in specialized areas
- Experience campus and resident life first hand
- Connect with faculty and staff
- Build leadership skills
- Make new friends from all ove
- Earn college credit
- Have fun
- Learn why Auburn is consistently rated among the nation's top universities
Four courses are offered July 6 - 25, 2014. To learn more and register, please click on the course link.
- Environmental Geology
- Introduction to Creative Writing
- Introduction to Cyber Security Engineering
- The Art of Architecture, Place, and Culture
Open to high school students who will be juniors and seniors in the 2014-2015 academic year with good academic standing.
Registration is available on each course's individual webpage. The registration deadline is May 1, 2014.
Summer College operates independently of Auburn's Student Financial Services, meaning financial aid is not available through Auburn University. Financial aid may be available through resources in your community and we are happy to write a letter on your behalf to assist in generating program funds.
Summer College students will reside in campus dormitories reserved exclusively for Summer College participants.
A full campus dining plan is included in the cost of the program. Students will dine at the new Student Center and Village Dining Hall.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
If a registration is canceled for any reason, the individual or organization making the original tuition payment will receive:
- a full refund, less an administrative fee of $25, if the cancellation request is received in writing at least 4 weeks prior to the start date of the program
- a refund of 50%, if the cancellation request is received in writing less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date
- no refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Notes: A registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee. Applications fees are non-refundable. Refunds will not be given to any student dismissed from the program.
Information on IT, safety and supervision, student conduct, getting to Auburn, health services, insurance, students with disabilities, and refund policy is available on the general information page.
- Summer Experience on Facebook
- Auburn University Admissions: Prospective Students
- Auburn Univesity Campust Tours + Visit
- The Auburn-Opelika Tourism Bureau: Local Lodging, Shopping, and Dining
For program questions, please contact the coordinator, James Birdsong at 334.844.5817.
Last Updated: April 9, 2014