Hunger Awareness Certificate
In an online, independent study format*, students will examine hunger as a complex issue of sustainable human development. Topics include causes and consequences of U.S. and global hunger, as well as current responses and potential solutions. This course will help students develop a skill set for global citizenship that includes opportunities for advocacy, leadership, and critical problem solving. Students will also learn to apply critical thinking skills in addressing hunger as a multidisciplinary, complex social issue. The certificate includes six units of study and a 15-20-question assessment per unit. Students will receive a Hunger Awareness Certificate from Auburn University - Office of Professional and Continuing Education, upon completion of all six units and assessments with a minimum score of 70%.
*All content is in English.
Registration - Introductory Pricing!
- Hunger Certificate: Unit 1 - The Story of Hunger - $120 (0.3 CEU/3 Contact Hours)
- Hunger Certificate: Unit 2 - The History of Hunger - $120 (0.2 CEU/2 Contact Hours)
- Hunger Certificate: Unit 3 - Hunger in the 21st Century - $220 (0.4 CEU/4 Contact Hours)
- Hunger Certificate: Unit 4 - Who's Who of the Hunger World - $220 (0.4 CEU/4 Contact Hours)
- Hunger Certificate: Unit 5 - You as a Hunger Advocate - $120 (0.1 CEU/1 Contact Hour)
- Hunger Certificate: Unit 6 - Case Studies - $120 (0.2 CEU/2 Contact Hours)
- Hunger Certificate: Units 1 - 6 - Complete Certificate Program - $800 (save $120)
1.6 CEU/16 Contact Hours
- Hunger Solutions Institute
- Universities Fighting World Hunger
- Auburn University College of Human Sciences
- World Food Program
Last Updated: June 19, 2014