Hybrid Personal Trainer Certification – 60 CEUs
Program Cost: $749.00
What is Hybrid?
W.I.T.S. combined the ever important LIVE “hands on practical skills” of being a personal trainer with a special video enhanced core knowledge online course that you can do at home or anywhere!!
Come join this rewarding health occupation profession and live your passion!! Join employers like 24 Hour Fitness, LA Fitness and Gold’s Gym and many others of our 5,000 sites that request W.I.T.S. graduates to work for them. The average pay nationally is $34.00 an hour! Whether a career move or for your own personal knowledge, get all the information you need to become a certified personal trainer in this one of a kind hybrid style educational program. W.I.T.S. is the only major certifying body providing LIVE comprehensive practical training and internship components so you can build a solid fitness career.
This course is formatted as a 62-hour program and is comprised of 16 hours of video enhanced online lectures and 16 hours of “hands on” practical training labs. The main practical lab option is covered in a 4 day practical lab. A 30-hour employer internship will network many graduates right into a fantastic job. The course prepares you for success with key topics that include biomechanics, exercise physiology, fitness testing, equipment usage, health assessment, liability issues and much more. CPR/AED is needed to receive the international certification.
- Phase 1: Take the video enhanced online course lectures at your pace in your own home, office or anywhere with your Smartphone!! Instructors are with you for the duration of this interactive course. Video’s, discussion boards, quizzes and more are available to help you understand the concepts you’ll need to be successful in the field.
- Phase 2: The second and unique phase of the hybrid personal trainer certification includes getting access to a very detailed video review of the practical skill competencies. This will prepare you for an individualistic hand on experience during your 4 day live practical lab training. You may select any one of 70 cities in the US and or Canada to master your occupational skills.
- Phase 3: Testing – You will test in both written and practical skill competency on the final day of your labs. A small additional fee is required if you want to test at one of our college sites on an alternate day. This option is for those who finish early and want to take the exam while it is all fresh.
- Phase 4: The 30 hour internship will bring it all to life for you. 12 months are set aside for you to complete your internship. Participating sites will be provided for you from active employers who are interested in meeting you. This bonus service is to help you network into jobs in a very rewarding profession.
Special Note: Please note that your CPR and AED certification can be done on your own within your own community with Red Cross, the American Heart Association, etc.
Unique Extra’s for your success in the W.I.T.S. online hybrid certification course:
- Mentored online SELF PACED lessons for optimal learning.
- Online interactive video lectures, practical video labs, discussion boards, quizzes & instructor led LIVE 4 day long weekend review. (Some travel may be needed for the labs)
- Exams included
- Register at any participating college or university site on our locations page.
- Digital badge of distinction to verify your credential through social media.
- Student workbook, Power Points & more to download.
- Student study guide (included).
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology.
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines.
- Design and customize exercise programs.
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardiorespiratory and flexibility exercises.
- Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group.
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise.
Continuing Education Units
W.I.T.S. is an approved CEU provider for the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB), and the International Association of Continuing Education and Training (IACET). The American Council on Education has recommended 3 undergraduate academic credits for this course.
Continuing Education Units for these Professions:
- 60 W.I.T.S. Continuing Education Credits
- 6.0 AOTA: American Occupational Therapy Process CEUs
- 1.5 NCBTMB: National Certifying Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
Required textbooks are not included and additional fees may be needed. You can obtain the textbook via the W.I.T.S. Store Front.
- Book: Fitness Professional’s Handbook-6th Edition
- Author: Edward Howley and Dixie Thompson
The store front also has retired exams to assist as study tools.
The cost for this program is $749.
- Click here to register online.
Practical Lab Locations
We will give you 3 sites to select so we can do our best to match you up with options near you. The hands on training are the backbone of being a professional personal trainer. We provide you with preparatory videos for all parts of the course. When you come to your practical labs your success and comfort zone is enhanced 3 fold.
|DE||Dover||NY||New York City|
|FL||St. Petersburg||OK||Oklahoma City|
|MD||Baltimore||UT||Salt Lake City|
Last Updated: December 9, 2016