Virtual Architecture Camp Experience: July 12-14, 2021
Rising 11th – 12th Grade
We are excited to announce the School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape Architecture will be hosting the Virtual Architecture Camp Experience this summer.
This three-day program gives students the opportunity to learn basic concepts of architecture from Auburn University faculty through lectures, projects, and live group sessions. Students will receive:
- A workbook that includes all the information on the projects assigned and notes for the lectures or talks (will be mailed)
- A recruitment packet on the Architecture program and some CADC Swag (will be mailed)
- Access to four pre-recorded lectures/talks on concepts and topics relevant to the field of Architecture
- Two project assignments to complete that will help build skills needed to succeed in Architecture school
- Four live group sessions- three with Auburn Architecture faculty and one with the Auburn Architecture recruiter. Two sessions with faculty will occur on Monday and one will occur on Wednesday. Then one session with recruiter will be held on Wednesday.
- Email/Phone number/Zoom Information for the Architecture Recruiter and the head Architecture Faculty member to be able to talk with one on one about questions during the program session
Rebecca O'Neal Dagg
Associate Professor of Architecture
Rebecca O’Neal Dagg is Associate Professor of Architecture in the School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape Architecture. She earned her professional Master of Architecture at Harvard University Graduate School of Design. Her undergraduate degree is from Auburn University School of Architecture in interior design.
Rebecca served as Associate Dean for Research and Academic Affairs for the College of Architecture, Design and Construction (CADC) from 2006–2013. She was Interim Dean for the CADC from January–June 2012. Additional administrative experience includes an appointment as ARIA Program Chair (Interior Architecture) from 2002–2007.
Rebecca’s research and creative work is focused on architecture theory and representation, architecture pedagogy, and interior architecture. She currently teaches upper level architecture design studios, drawing, and seminars in architecture history and theory. Recent history/theory seminars include “Inside the Avant-Garde HOUSE” and “Un-earthing Eisenman.”
Registration for Summer 2021 opens December 1, 2020.
Virtual Camp Fees are $250 and include the following items:
- Access to lectures and live sessions with Auburn faculty
- Workbook with project assignments and notes for lectures
- Recruitment packet and CADC swag
All cancellation and transfer requests must be submitted via email. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (334)844-5100.
- Cancellation request received at least 4 week prior to the start date of the program: Full refund, less $40.
- Cancellation request received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date: Refund of 50%
- Cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the program start date or “no show”: No refund.
Note: Refunds will be issued to the individual/organization who made the original payment.
- A camper’s registration for one program may be transferred to another program. Prior to May 1, 2021, there is no charge to change programs. After May 1, 2021, there is a $25 fee per transfer.
- A camper’s registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee per transfer.
Last Updated: January 14, 2021