Tiny Chef Academy: June 15-19, 2020
Rising 2nd – 5th Grade
Please note: This is a DAY Camp. No on-campus lodging will be provided.
Everyone knows that even the youngest kids love to create in the kitchen. Tiny Chef was created and developed just for the elementary age culinary set! In this specially designed program, we connect children’s passion for cooking with math, science and technology. Each day will also introduce the campers to fun experiments that will teach them how science and food go hand-in-hand.
This one-week program provides students the opportunity to learn how much of a role the critical elements – math, science, technology and communication skills play in their development as future chefs and leaders in our communities. Campers will learn about food and how to prepare it for maximum taste and nutrition in a way that is hands-on and fun!
TINY CHEF SCHEDULE:
Monday – Thursday: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Friday: 9:00am – 12:30 noon
Lunch will be personally cooked by each team of students in the Nutrition Kitchen Lab, Located in Spidle Hall.
Campers will spend majority of their instructional time in the Nutrition Kitchen Lab located inside Spidle Hall for their culinary instruction.
Chef Sidney Corum
Mr. Corum has more than 20 years of experience in the food service industry, having managed provision accounts for some of Los Angeles’ most popular restaurants including Jerry’s Deli and Langers. He has also worked as an account executive, servicing major hotels such as Caesar’s Palace, the Las Vegas Hilton and the Sands Hotel. His passion for fine food and desire to provide exemplary service were instrumental in establishing his business, Chef Ago Go.
Registration for Summer 2020 opens December 2, 2019.
Camp Fees are $600 and include the following items:
- Lunch, snacks and drinks while at camp
- Program instruction, materials and equipment
- Transportation to and from off-campus field-trip sites
- Recreational activities
All cancellation and transfer requests must be submitted via email. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (334)844-5100.
- Cancellation request received at least 4 week prior to the start date of the program: Full refund, less $40.
- Cancellation request received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date: Refund of 50%
- Cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the program start date or “no show”: No refund.
Note: Refunds will be issued to the individual/organization who made the original payment.
- A camper’s registration for one program may be transferred to another program. Prior to May 1, 2020, there is no charge to change programs. After May 1, 2020, there is a $25 fee per transfer.
- A camper’s registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee per transfer.
Last Updated: November 20, 2019