Senior E.A.G.L.E. Camp: June 6-11, 2021
Rising 9th – 12th Grade
Exploring Agriculture & Gaining Leadership Experience (E.A.G.L.E.) Camp is an opportunity for 9th-12th grade students to gain hands-on experience in the science and agriculture worlds. Campers will complete labs within different agricultural disciplines including Animal Sciences, Horticulture, Turfgrass, Biosystems Engineering and many others. The labs will be STEM based activities led by College of Agriculture faculty that will help students solve real-world problems.
There will be tours of the research units, a field trip to a local farm, a service project at a local family-owned farming operation, and more! All of this in addition to the traditional social activities associated with summer camp (swimming, pizza parties and much more) make E.A.G.L.E. Camp a fun and productive experience.
Camp participants will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Campers will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
Meals will be provided in one of the newly-renovated campus dining locations. All dietary restrictions and allergies are taken into consideration for each meal.
Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Meredith Hall is a Ph.D. student in Agriscience Education. A native of Wetumpka, Alabama, Meredith graduated from Auburn with her undergraduate degree in Horticulture in 2015 and a Master of Science degree in Plant Pathology in 2017. Meredith is passionate about agriculture and education and hopes to pursue a career in extension. In her free time, she enjoys spending time outdoors hiking, climbing, and kayaking.
Registration for Summer 2021 opens December 1, 2020.
Camp Fees are $710 and include the following items:
- On campus housing
- All meals, snacks and drinks while at camp
- Program instruction, materials and equipment
- Transportation to and from off-campus field-trip sites
- Recreational activities
All cancellation and transfer requests must be submitted via email. Please send your request to email@example.com or call (334)844-5100.
- Cancellation request received at least 4 week prior to the start date of the program: Full refund, less $40.
- Cancellation request received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date: Refund of 50%
- Cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the program start date or “no show”: No refund.
Note: Refunds will be issued to the individual/organization who made the original payment.
- A camper’s registration for one program may be transferred to another program. Prior to May 1, 2021, there is no charge to change programs. After May 1, 2021, there is a $25 fee per transfer.
- A camper’s registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee per transfer.
A limited number of scholarships are available. If you would like to be considered for a scholarship, please complete an application by clicking on the Scholarship Application - Apply Now button below.
Deadline for applying for scholarship is March 1, 2021. Scholarship recipients will receive $500 towards the cost of camp. If you plan on attending this camp even if you are not selected for a camp scholarship, please register now to ensure you have a spot. If you are selected for a camp scholarship and have already paid for camp, we will refund $500.
What to Bring to Camp:
Please pack lightly – but do not forget to bring bedding, a towel, and toiletries.
Campers should refrain from bringing no more than one (1) suitcase and one (1) personal sized bag to camp.
Need more room in your suitcase? Don’t pack your bedding, have it ready at check-in by purchasing a Linens Package!
- XL twin sheets/thick blanket or sleeping bag and pillow
- Alarm Clock
- Phone Charger
- Body Wash
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Bath Towel
Clothing & Shoes:
- T-shirts: Loose fitting, tank tops must have straps three fingers wide and cover all undergarments
- Shorts: At least 3.5” inseam
- One (1) pair of jeans/long pants
- Tennis Shoes: We walk up to 6 miles daily!
- Closed toed shoes
- Swimsuit: For girls, a modest one piece swimsuit. For boys, no speedos or jammers.
- Flip-flops or Water Shoes: For the pool
- Sweatshirt or Jacket
- Dress up Outfit: Dressy casual (modest) outfit (e.g.: modest sundress, polo & khakis, pants & blouse)
- Rain Jacket or Poncho
- Laundry Bag
- Beach Towel: For the pool
- Bug spray/Sunscreen
- $50 key/meal card deposit: Make check payable to Auburn University
- Spending Money
Last Updated: November 24, 2020