Virtual RoboLab Camp: July 13-17, 2020
Rising 5th - 8th Graders
Virtual RoboLab Camp is a program developed by the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering to introduce students to computer engineering and science, including computational thinking concepts and applications using computer and robotics programming frameworks, such as the MIT App Inventor.
RoboLab Camp is intended for 5th–8th graders and will be held online from Monday, July 13th to Friday, July 17th. The program will occur from 9 am to 2 pm Central Time with a 1 hour lunch break.
Each camper will need a desktop or laptop computer with a stable Internet connection and access to Zoom.
Dr. Xiaowen Gong
Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
The program is directed and partly developed by the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE)’s faculty member Xiaowen Gong, and taught by graduate student instructors from the Department of ECE and the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering.
A limited number of camp scholarships are available. To apply for a camp scholarship, fill out this form by July 5, 2020.
If you plan to attend camp regardless of whether or not you receive a camp scholarship, please reserve your spot by registering for the camp prior to filling out the camp scholarship form. This will ensure you will have a spot in camp.
Registration is closed.
All cancellation and transfer requests must be submitted via email. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (334)844-5100.
- Cancellation request received at least 4 week prior to the start date of the program: Full refund, less $40.
- Cancellation request received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date: Refund of 50%
- Cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the program start date or “no show”: No refund.
Note: Refunds will be issued to the individual/organization who made the original payment.
- A camper’s registration for one program may be transferred to another program. Prior to May 1, 2020, there is no charge to change programs. After May 1, 2020, there is a $25 fee per transfer.
- A camper’s registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee per transfer.
Last Updated: July 13, 2020