RoboLab: June 14-19, 2020
Rising 5th - 8th Graders
RoboLab Camp is a program developed by the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering to introduce students to computer engineering and science, including computational thinking concepts and hands-on applications using various computer and robotics programming frameworks. MIT App Inventor, Python, Lego Mindstorms NXT and Lego EV3, TensorFlow, OpenCV, and 3D printing will be only some of the programming frameworks used for hands-on applications.
Girls, special needs and underserved students are strongly encouraged to register.
Meals will be provided in one of the newly-renovated campus dining locations. All dietary restrictions and allergies are taken into consideration for each meal.
Campers will spend majority of their instructional time in Shelby Hall.
Dr. Xiaowen Gong
Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
The program is directed and partly developed by the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE)’s faculty member Xiaowen Gong, and taught by graduate student instructors from the Department of ECE and the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering.
Registration for Summer 2020 opens December 2, 2019.
Rising 5th graders will not be permitted to stay overnight in the dorms and must register as a day camper.
Camp Fees are $660 and include the following items:
- On campus housing
- All meals, snacks and drinks while at camp
- Program instruction, materials and equipment
- Transportation to and from off-campus field-trip sites
- Recreational activities
*A limited number of day camp spots are available. Please contact Auburn Youth Programs at (334)844-5100 for more information.
All cancellation and transfer requests must be submitted via email. Please send your request to email@example.com or call (334)844-5100.
- Cancellation request received at least 4 week prior to the start date of the program: Full refund, less $40.
- Cancellation request received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date: Refund of 50%
- Cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the program start date or “no show”: No refund.
Note: Refunds will be issued to the individual/organization who made the original payment.
- A camper’s registration for one program may be transferred to another program. Prior to May 1, 2020, there is no charge to change programs. After May 1, 2020, there is a $25 fee per transfer.
- A camper’s registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee per transfer.
What to Bring to Camp:
Please pack lightly – but do not forget to bring bedding, a towel, and toiletries.
Campers should refrain from bringing no more than one (1) suitcase and one (1) personal sized bag to camp.
Need more room in your suitcase? Don’t pack your bedding, have it ready at check-in by purchasing a Linens Package!
- XL twin sheets/thick blanket or sleeping bag and pillow
- Alarm Clock
- Phone Charger
- Body Wash
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Bath Towel
Clothing & Shoes:
- T-shirts: Loose fitting, tank tops must have straps three fingers wide and cover all undergarments
- Shorts: At least 3.5” inseam
- One (1) pair of jeans/long pants
- Tennis Shoes: We walk up to 6 miles daily!
- Closed toed shoes
- Swimsuit: For girls, a modest one piece swimsuit. For boys, no speedos or jammers.
- Flip-flops or Water Shoes: For the pool
- Sweatshirt or Jacket
- Dress up Outfit: Dressy casual (modest) outfit (e.g.: modest sundress, polo & khakis, pants & blouse)
- Rain Jacket or Poncho
- Laundry Bag
- Beach Towel: For the pool
- Bug spray/Sunscreen
- $50 key/meal card deposit: Make check payable to Auburn University
- Spending Money
Last Updated: December 12, 2019