Photography Camp: July 5-10, 2020
Rising 9th – 12th Grade
Auburn Youth Programs partners with Cameragraphics to offer Photography Camp! This hands-on camp is designed for high school students (9th - 12th grade) who have an interest in the photography field. No prior experience is required and the program can accommodate every skill level. The curriculum includes darkroom time, slide lectures, assignments, field trips, digital photography and guest visits. Students will work with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities while receiving hands-on instruction from professionals in the field.
Campers are encouraged to bring their own DSLR camera to use throughout the week. For students who do not have one, a limited amount of cameras are available to borrow while at camp. Please e-mail email@example.com if you need to borrow a camera for camp.
Camp participants will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Campers will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
Meals will be provided in one of the newly-renovated campus dining locations. All dietary restrictions and allergies are taken into consideration for each meal.
Owner and President of Camergraphics, John Oliver has over 25 years of professional photography experience. John specializes in macro, landscapes, and portrait photography.
As a professional portrait photographer for Cameragraphics, Natalie McVey specializes in newborn, maternity, children, and wedding photography.
Registration for Summer 2020 opens December 2, 2019.
Camp Fees are $810 and include the following items:
- On campus housing
- All meals, snacks and drinks while at camp
- Program instruction, materials and equipment
- Transportation to and from off-campus field-trip sites
- Recreational activities
All cancellation and transfer requests must be submitted via email. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (334)844-5100.
- Cancellation request received at least 4 week prior to the start date of the program: Full refund, less $40.
- Cancellation request received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date: Refund of 50%
- Cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the program start date or “no show”: No refund.
Note: Refunds will be issued to the individual/organization who made the original payment.
- A camper’s registration for one program may be transferred to another program. Prior to May 1, 2020, there is no charge to change programs. After May 1, 2020, there is a $25 fee per transfer.
- A camper’s registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee per transfer.
What to Bring to Camp:
Please pack lightly – but do not forget to bring bedding, a towel, and toiletries.
Campers should refrain from bringing no more than one (1) suitcase and one (1) personal sized bag to camp.
Need more room in your suitcase? Don’t pack your bedding, have it ready at check-in by purchasing a Linens Package!
- XL twin sheets/thick blanket or sleeping bag and pillow
- Alarm Clock
- Phone Charger
- Body Wash
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Bath Towel
Clothing & Shoes:
- T-shirts: Loose fitting, tank tops must have straps three fingers wide and cover all undergarments
- Shorts: At least 3.5” inseam
- One (1) pair of jeans/long pants
- Tennis Shoes: We walk up to 6 miles daily!
- Closed toed shoes
- Swimsuit: For girls, a modest one piece swimsuit. For boys, no speedos or jammers.
- Flip-flops or Water Shoes: For the pool
- Sweatshirt or Jacket
- Dress up Outfit: Dressy casual (modest) outfit (e.g.: modest sundress, polo & khakis, pants & blouse)
- Rain Jacket or Poncho
- Laundry Bag
- Beach Towel: For the pool
- Bug spray/Sunscreen
- $50 key/meal card deposit: Make check payable to Auburn University
- DSLR Camera – Please email email@example.com if you do not have one
- Spending Money
Last Updated: November 21, 2020