Pharmacy Camp: June 3-8, 2018
Rising High School 11th and 12th Grade + Rising College Freshman
The Harrison School of Pharmacy, in partnership with Auburn Youth Programs, invites you to join us for Pharmacy Camp. This unique opportunity is for rising high school 11th and 12th grade students as well as rising college freshman who are interested in pharmacy. This hands-on experience will allow campers to explore the profession through various learning experiences such as skills and compounding labs, while also exposing you to the various career options through visits to local pharmacies and healthcare facilities. Our campers will also have the opportunity to learn from and with upcoming practitioners. The camp is led by rising second- and third-year pharmacy students and facilitated by pharmacy faculty. Our goal is to familiarize students with the pharmacy profession and the many opportunities available in this field!
Camp participants will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Campers will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
Campers will have various meal options for breakfast and lunch in The Student Center. Unlike breakfast and lunch, dinner is held in The Village Dining facility, where they have unlimited options of a buffet-style meal.
The Harrison School of Pharmacy is housed in the Walker Building.
Dr. Channing Ford
Dr. Erika Kleppinger
Dr. Kristen Helms
Dr. Amber Hutchinson
Dr. Charles Woosley
Dr. April Staton
Ms. Micaila Hill
Applications are now open. For your application you will need:
- Copy of your most recent transcript or report card (un-official copies allowed)
- One (1) letter of recommendation from either a teacher, counselor or principal
- Four (4) brief essays (all 150 words or less – written in one document)
- What interests you about the pharmacy profession?
- Why would you like to be admitted to this program?
- What do you expect to learn or take away from this program?
- How did you learn or hear about this program?
PLEASE NOTE: Each document must be uploaded as a PDF.
Applications will be accepted until March 5, 2018 and selection e-mails will be sent on April 2, 2018
CAMP FEE: $800 and includes:
- On campus housing
- All meals, snacks and drinks while at camp
- Program instruction, materials and equipment
- Transportation to and from off-campus field-trip sites
- Recreational activities
If a registration is canceled for any reason, the individual or organization making the original CAMP FEE payment will receive:
- A full refund, with a $25 administrative fee deduction, if the cancellation request is received at least 4 weeks prior to the start date of the program;
- A refund of 50%, if the cancellation request is received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date;
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Note: A registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee.
Last Updated: November 7, 2017