Pharmacy Camp: May 31 - June 5, 2020
Rising High School 11th and 12th Grade + Rising College Freshmen
The Harrison School of Pharmacy, in partnership with Auburn Youth Programs, invites you to join us for Pharmacy Camp. This unique opportunity is for rising high school 11th and 12th grade students as well as rising college freshmen who are interested in pharmacy. This hands-on experience will allow campers to explore the profession through various learning experiences such as skills and compounding labs, while also exposing you to the various career options through visits to local pharmacies and healthcare facilities. Our campers will also have the opportunity to learn from and with upcoming practitioners. The camp is led by rising second- and third-year pharmacy students and facilitated by pharmacy faculty. Our goal is to familiarize students with the pharmacy profession and the many opportunities available in this field!
Camp participants will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Campers will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
Meals will be provided in one of the newly-renovated campus dining locations. All dietary restrictions and allergies are taken into consideration for each meal.
The Harrison School of Pharmacy is housed in the Walker Building.
Dr. Channing Ford
Dr. Erika Kleppinger
Dr. Kristen Helms
Dr. Amber Hutchinson
Dr. Charles Woosley
Dr. April Staton
Ms. Micaila Hill
A limited number of scholarships are available. If you would like to be considered for a scholarship, please complete the application to attend Pharmacy Camp by selecting the Apply tab.
Applications will open on November 18, 2019 and close on March 1, 2020. Notifications will sent via email by March 15, 2020.
Accepted applicants will have until April 1, 2020 to accept their spot and pay a $100 deposit. All camp fees are due by May 1, 2020.
Note: Students who are accepted to camp as rising college freshmen must be under 19 years of age at the time of camp and cannot attend college orientation before camp.
Camp Fees are $800 and include the following items:
- On campus housing
- All meals, snacks and drinks while at camp
- Program instruction, materials and equipment
- Transportation to and from off-campus field-trip sites
- Recreational activities
All cancellation and transfer requests must be submitted via email. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (334)844-5100.
- Cancellation request received at least 4 week prior to the start date of the program: Full refund, less $40.
- Cancellation request received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date: Refund of 50%
- Cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the program start date or “no show”: No refund.
Note: Refunds will be issued to the individual/organization who made the original payment.
- A camper’s registration for one program may be transferred to another program. Prior to May 1, 2020, there is no charge to change programs. After May 1, 2020, there is a $25 fee per transfer.
- A camper’s registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee per transfer.
What to Bring to Camp:
Please pack lightly – but do not forget to bring bedding, a towel, and toiletries.
Campers should refrain from bringing no more than one (1) suitcase and one (1) personal sized bag to camp.
Need more room in your suitcase? Don’t pack your bedding, have it ready at check-in by purchasing a Linens Package!
- XL twin sheets/thick blanket or sleeping bag and pillow
- Alarm Clock
- Phone Charger
- Body Wash
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Bath Towel
Clothing & Shoes:
- T-shirts: Loose fitting, tank tops must have straps three fingers wide and cover all undergarments
- Shorts: At least 3.5” inseam
- Three (3) pairs of jeans/long pants
- Two (2) pairs of khaki pants
- Tennis Shoes: We walk up to 6 miles daily!
- Closed toed shoes – must be worn everyday
- Swimsuit: For girls, a modest one piece swimsuit. For boys, no speedos or jammers.
- Flip-flops or Water Shoes: For the pool
- Sweatshirt or Jacket
- Dress up Outfit: Dressy casual (modest) outfit (e.g.: modest sundress, polo & khakis, pants & blouse)
- Rain Jacket or Poncho
- Laundry Bag
- Beach Towel: For the pool
- Bug spray/Sunscreen
- $50 key/meal card deposit: Make check payable to Auburn University
- Spending Money
Last Updated: November 26, 2019