Pharmacy Camp: June 2 - 7, 2019
Rising High School 11th and 12th Grade + Rising College Freshmen
The Harrison School of Pharmacy, in partnership with Auburn Youth Programs, invites you to join us for Pharmacy Camp. This unique opportunity is for rising high school 11th and 12th grade students as well as rising college freshmen who are interested in pharmacy. This hands-on experience will allow campers to explore the profession through various learning experiences such as skills and compounding labs, while also exposing you to the various career options through visits to local pharmacies and healthcare facilities. Our campers will also have the opportunity to learn from and with upcoming practitioners. The camp is led by rising second- and third-year pharmacy students and facilitated by pharmacy faculty. Our goal is to familiarize students with the pharmacy profession and the many opportunities available in this field!
Camp participants will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Campers will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
The Harrison School of Pharmacy is housed in the Walker Building.
Dr. Channing Ford
Dr. Erika Kleppinger
Dr. Kristen Helms
Dr. Amber Hutchinson
Dr. Charles Woosley
Dr. April Staton
Ms. Micaila Hill
Applications are now being accepted. The deadline to submit an application is March 22, 2019. Notifications will go out no later than April 17, 2019.
For your application you will need:
- Copy of your high school transcript or most recent report card (un-official copies allowed)
- One (1) letter of recommendation from either a teacher, mentor or coach
- Four (4) brief essays (all 150 words or less – written in one document)
- What interests you about the pharmacy profession?
- Why would you like to be admitted to this program?
- What do you expect to learn or take away from this program?
- How did you learn or hear about this program?
PLEASE NOTE: Each document must be uploaded as a PDF.
Camp Fees are $800 and include the following items:
- On campus housing
- All meals, snacks and drinks while at camp
- Program instruction, materials and equipment
- Transportation to and from off-campus field-trip sites
- Recreational activities
If a registration is canceled for any reason, the individual or organization making the original CAMP FEE payment will receive:
- A full refund, with a $25 administrative fee deduction, if the cancellation request is received at least 4 weeks prior to the start date of the program;
- A refund of 50%, if the cancellation request is received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date;
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Note: A registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee.
What to Bring to Camp:
Please pack lightly – but do not forget to bring bedding, a towel, and toiletries.
Campers should refrain from bringing no more than one (1) suitcase and one (1) personal sized bag to camp.
Need more room in your suitcase? Don’t pack your bedding, have it ready at check-in by purchasing a Linens Package!
- XL twin sheets/thick blanket or sleeping bag and pillow
- Alarm Clock
- Phone Charger
- Body Wash
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Bath Towel
Clothing & Shoes:
- T-shirts: Loose fitting, tank tops must have straps three fingers wide and cover all undergarments
- Shorts: At least 3.5” inseam
- Three (3) pairs of jeans/long pants
- Two (2) pairs of khaki pants
- Tennis Shoes: We walk up to 6 miles daily!
- Closed toed shoes – must be worn everyday
- Swimsuit: For girls, a modest one piece swimsuit. For boys, no speedos or jammers.
- Flip-flops or Water Shoes: For the pool
- Sweatshirt or Jacket
- Dress up Outfit: Dressy casual (modest) outfit (e.g.: modest sundress, polo & khakis, pants & blouse)
- Rain Jacket or Poncho
- Laundry Bag
- Beach Towel: For the pool
- Bug spray/Sunscreen
- $50 key/meal card deposit: Make check payable to Auburn University
- Spending Money
Last Updated: January 9, 2019