Outdoor Adventure Camp: July 8-13, 2018
Rising 6th – 8th Grade
Are you ready for a Challenge? Then join us for a brand new camp designed to take middle school campers to new heights! Outdoor Adventure Camp will provide campers with the experience of a lifetime while participating in high and low ropes course elements, whitewater rafting, canoeing, archery, zip lining and hiking.
Camp participants will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Campers will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
Adventure is out there! Join us this summer to experience it!
Campers will have various meal options for breakfast and lunch in The Student Center. Unlike breakfast and lunch, dinner is held in The Village Dining facility, where they have unlimited options of a buffet-style meal.
Outdoor Adventure Camp is hosted at the Auburn University Challenge Course but will take several field trips to local areas including the Coosa River, Chewacla State Park and the Chattahoochee River.
Program Developer / AU Challenge Course & AU Leadership Series
Brent Gibson joined Auburn University’s Office of Professional and Continuing Education in 2016 where he works as a Program Developer for the AU Challenge Course and AU Leadership Series. Brent has worked in various roles within the field of Outdoor Education for over six years. He received his undergraduate degree in Office Administrative Technology from Valdosta State University ('14) and his MSc in Recreation and Leisure Services from Texas State University ('16).
CAMP FEE: $775 and includes:
- On campus housing
- All meals, snacks and drinks while at camp
- Program instruction, materials and equipment
- Transportation to and from off-campus field-trip sites
- Recreational activities including kayaking trip, rafting trip and challenge course
Enrollment is limited to 20 students, so register early!
If a registration is canceled for any reason, the individual or organization making the original CAMP FEE payment will receive:
- A full refund, with a $25 administrative fee deduction, if the cancellation request is received at least 4 weeks prior to the start date of the program;
- A refund of 50%, if the cancellation request is received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date;
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Note: A registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee.
Last Updated: March 27, 2018