Outdoor Adventure Camp: Summer 2020 Dates TBA
Rising 6th – 8th Grade
Are you ready for a Challenge? Then join us for a brand new camp designed to take middle school campers to new heights! Outdoor Adventure Camp will provide campers with the experience of a lifetime while participating in high and low ropes course elements, whitewater rafting, canoeing, archery, zip lining and hiking.
Camp participants will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Campers will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
Adventure is out there! Join us this summer to experience it!
Outdoor Adventure Camp is hosted at the Auburn University Challenge Course but will take several field trips to local areas including the Coosa River, Chewacla State Park and the Chattahoochee River.
Program Developer / AU Challenge Course & AU Leadership Series
Brent Gibson joined Auburn University’s Office of Professional and Continuing Education in 2016 where he works as a Program Developer for the AU Challenge Course and AU Leadership Series. Brent has worked in various roles within the field of Outdoor Education for over six years. He received his undergraduate degree in Office Administrative Technology from Valdosta State University ('14) and his MSc in Recreation and Leisure Services from Texas State University ('16).
Summer Camp registration is currently unavailable. Registration for 2020 Summer Camps begins December 2, 2019
If a registration is canceled for any reason, the individual or organization making the original CAMP FEE payment will receive:
- A full refund, with a $25 administrative fee deduction, if the cancellation request is received at least 4 weeks prior to the start date of the program;
- A refund of 50%, if the cancellation request is received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date;
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Note: A registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee.
What to Bring to Camp:
Please pack lightly – but do not forget to bring bedding, a towel, and toiletries.
Campers should refrain from bringing no more than one (1) suitcase and one (1) personal sized bag to camp.
Need more room in your suitcase? Don’t pack your bedding, have it ready at check-in by purchasing a Linens Package!
- XL twin sheets/thick blanket or sleeping bag and pillow
- Alarm Clock
- Phone Charger
- Body Wash
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Bath Towel
Clothing & Shoes:
- T-shirts: Loose fitting, tank tops must have straps three fingers wide and cover all undergarments
- Shorts: At least 3.5” inseam
- One (1) pair of jeans/long pants
- Tennis Shoes: We walk up to 6 miles daily!
- Closed toed shoes
- Swimsuit: For girls, a modest one piece swimsuit. For boys, no speedos or jammers.
- Flip-flops or Water Shoes: For the pool
- Sweatshirt or Jacket
- Dress up Outfit: Dressy casual (modest) outfit (e.g.: modest sundress, polo & khakis, pants & blouse)
- Rain Jacket or Poncho
- Laundry Bag
- Beach Towel: For the pool
- Bug spray/Sunscreen
- $50 key/meal card deposit: Make check payable to Auburn University
- Spending Money
Last Updated: August 5, 2019