Outdoor Adventure Camp: July 7-12, 2019
Rising 6th – 8th Grade
Are you ready for a Challenge? Then join us for a brand new camp designed to take middle school campers to new heights! Outdoor Adventure Camp will provide campers with the experience of a lifetime while participating in high and low ropes course elements, whitewater rafting, canoeing, archery, zip lining and hiking.
Camp participants will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Campers will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
Adventure is out there! Join us this summer to experience it!
Outdoor Adventure Camp is hosted at the Auburn University Challenge Course but will take several field trips to local areas including the Coosa River, Chewacla State Park and the Chattahoochee River.
Program Developer / AU Challenge Course & AU Leadership Series
Brent Gibson joined Auburn University’s Office of Professional and Continuing Education in 2016 where he works as a Program Developer for the AU Challenge Course and AU Leadership Series. Brent has worked in various roles within the field of Outdoor Education for over six years. He received his undergraduate degree in Office Administrative Technology from Valdosta State University ('14) and his MSc in Recreation and Leisure Services from Texas State University ('16).
Camp Fees are $775 and include the following items:
- On campus housing
- All meals, snacks and drinks while at camp
- Program instruction, materials and equipment
- Transportation to and from off-campus field-trip sites
- Recreational activities including kayaking trip, rafting trip and challenge course
Applicants intending to commute to camp can contact Auburn Youth Programs at 334-844-5100 to receive a coupon code for the discounted rate.
If a registration is canceled for any reason, the individual or organization making the original CAMP FEE payment will receive:
- A full refund, with a $25 administrative fee deduction, if the cancellation request is received at least 4 weeks prior to the start date of the program;
- A refund of 50%, if the cancellation request is received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date;
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Note: A registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee.
Last Updated: November 29, 2018