Musical Theatre Camp: Summer 2020 Dates TBA
Rising 9th – 12th Grade
Musical Theatre Camp at Auburn University is an innovative, intensive week-long residential workshop designed for music, theatre, dance, and show choir students who are interested in developing their skills on stage. Students will participate in workshops, masterclasses, private lessons, and rehearsals with our skilled Department of Theatre faculty and staff. Camp kicks off Sunday night with mock auditions and a fun filled night of pizza and games! The week culminates in a Friday morning performance that will highlight scenes rehearsed during the week for family and friends!
Sunday night, campers will participate in a mock audition. Campers will need to prepare and bring sheet music with them to camp.
Camp participants will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Campers will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
Auburn University Theatre provides undergraduate theatre training and performances in the award-winning Telfair B. Peet Theatre. Ensembles include the Radio Flyer Theatre Company, which features productions in the style of the Golden Age of Radio, and the Mosaic Theatre Company, which creates and performs original works of theatre around issues of diversity.
Jeri Dickey's teaching credits include The Dayton Ballet, Pontecorvo Ballet Studios, The Jon Rodriguez School for Ballet, Wright State University, The Human Race Theatre, and her own award winning Progressive Dance Theatre.
Her students have gone on to dance with the School of American Ballet in New York City, in various musical theater productions on Broadway, and in professional teaching and performing careers with nationally acclaimed classical ballet and modern companies.
Jeri received a BFA in Dance from Wright State University. In Los Angeles, California, she danced professionally in one of L.A.'s first classical ballet companies, choreographed and performed for CBS and in commercials and specials for the LA Cable Network.
Summer Camp registration is currently unavailable. Registration for 2020 Summer Camps begins December 2, 2019
If a registration is canceled for any reason, the individual or organization making the original CAMP FEE payment will receive:
- A full refund, with a $25 administrative fee deduction, if the cancellation request is received at least 4 weeks prior to the start date of the program;
- A refund of 50%, if the cancellation request is received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date;
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Note: A registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee.
What to Bring to Camp:
Please pack lightly – but do not forget to bring bedding, a towel, and toiletries.
Campers should refrain from bringing no more than one (1) suitcase and one (1) personal sized bag to camp.
Need more room in your suitcase? Don’t pack your bedding, have it ready at check-in by purchasing a Linens Package!
- XL twin sheets/thick blanket or sleeping bag and pillow
- Alarm Clock
- Phone Charger
- Body Wash
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Bath Towel
Clothing & Shoes:
- T-shirts: Loose fitting, tank tops must have straps three fingers wide and cover all undergarments
- Shorts: At least 3.5” inseam
- One (1) pair of jeans/long pants
- Dance attire – leggings, sweat pants, athletic shorts, sneakers and socks
- Tennis Shoes: We walk up to 6 miles daily!
- Closed toed shoes
- Swimsuit: For girls, a modest one piece swimsuit. For boys, no speedos or jammers.
- Flip-flops or Water Shoes: For the pool
- Sweatshirt or Jacket
- Dress up Outfit: Dressy casual (modest) outfit (e.g.: modest sundress, polo & khakis, pants & blouse)
- Rain Jacket or Poncho
- Laundry Bag
- Beach Towel: For the pool
- Bug spray/Sunscreen
- $50 key/meal card deposit: Make check payable to Auburn University
- Printed Sheet Music for Sunday Night Orientation
- Spending Money
Last Updated: August 5, 2019