Junior Tigers Engineering Camp: July 14-18, 2019
Rising 10th - 11th Graders
Do you like math and science, interested in how things work, enjoy problem solving and like working with a team of people? If so, you might be a future engineer. From defense and infrastructure to telecommunications and consumer electronics, engineers make the world a better place. An engineering degree can also open doors to careers in business, law and medicine. The options are limited by only your imagination! The Samuel Ginn College of Engineering provides a unique opportunity for rising 10th – 11th grade students who are interested in the field of engineering.
This is a residential camp. During the week, students will explore the different engineering majors while participating in hands-on activities. Sessions will be led by Student Engineering Organizations, faculty members, and current Auburn Engineering students. Camp participants will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Campers will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
Campers will have various meal options for breakfast and lunch in The Student Center. Dinner is held in The Terrell Dining facility, where campers will have unlimited options of a buffet-style meal. Catered meals will be offered for lunch and dinner options throughout the week.
Junior Tigers Camp Director
Applications will open December 3. The deadline to submit an application is March 1, 2019. Notifications of acceptances will go out no later than March 15, 2019.
Everything needed for your application will be submitted in the application form online. For your application you will need:
- All students must submit a resume. For questions on how to make a resume checkout this sample resume.
- Copy of your high school transcript
- Official or unofficial transcripts are accepted. Transcripts will be uploaded in the application.
- Person (not a family member) to provide a recommendation
- You must provide a name and an email address in the application. Once the application is submitted, that person will be notified via email to fill out the recommendation form online.
- Two of the 4 answers to the following questions (500 characters or less)
- Discuss an experience that helped you realize your interest in math, science, knowing how things work, or problem solving?
- Why do you want to attend one of our engineering summer camps, and what qualities do you possess that would positively influence the overall camp atmosphere for other campers?
- What engineering achievement has most impacted your life?
- In your opinion, what engineering achievement will most impact society over the next ten years?
Scholarships are available.
Camp Fees are $600 and include the following items:
- On campus housing
- All meals, snacks and drinks while at camp
- Program instruction, materials and equipment
- Recreational activities
- Engineering goodies (lanyard, t-shirt, water bottle, backpack, notebook, and pen)
If a registration is canceled for any reason, the individual or organization making the original CAMP FEE payment will receive:
- A full refund, with a $50 administrative fee deduction, if the cancellation request is received at least 4 weeks prior to the start date of the program;
- A refund of 50%, if the cancellation request is received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date;
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Note: A registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee.
Last Updated: January 11, 2019