Food Science Camp: June 17-22, 2018
Rising 10th – 12th Grade
Food Science Camp, conducted by faculty, staff, and students from Auburn's College of Agriculture is open to science-loving rising 10th – 12th graders. If you've ever wondered what makes sour candies so sour or why your soda goes flat – our 5-day residential camp is for you! Campers will have the opportunity to learn elements of food safety, participate in hands-on sensory experiments, study candy chemistry, and tour campus and industry facilities.
Camp participants will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Campers will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
Campers will have various meal options for breakfast and lunch in The Student Center. Unlike breakfast and lunch, dinner is held in The Village Dining facility, where they have unlimited options of a buffet-style meal.
Students will spend the majority of their time in the Poultry Science Building and laboratories.
Dr. Leonard Bell
Dr. Laura Bauermeister
Dr. Tung Shi Huang
Dr. Emefa Monu
Dr. Amit Morey
Dr. Jean Weese
Registration for camp will open on December 1, 2017. Want to know exactly when camps open? Sign-up for our e-mail updates today!
CAMP FEE: $750 and includes:
- On campus housing
- All meals, snacks and drinks while at camp
- Program instruction, materials and equipment
- Transportation to and from off-campus field-trip sites
- Recreational activities
Enrollment is limited to 16 students, so register early!
If a registration is canceled for any reason, the individual or organization making the original CAMP FEE payment will receive:
- A full refund, with a $25 administrative fee deduction, if the cancellation request is received at least 4 weeks prior to the start date of the program;
- A refund of 50%, if the cancellation request is received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date;
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Note: A registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee.
Last Updated: November 7, 2017