Food Science Camp: June 9-14, 2019
Rising 10th – 12th Grade
Limited Space – Register Soon!
Food Science Camp, conducted by faculty, staff, and students from Auburn's College of Agriculture is open to science-loving rising 10th – 12th graders. If you've ever wondered what makes sour candies so sour or why your soda goes flat – our 5-day residential camp is for you! Campers will have the opportunity to learn elements of food safety, participate in hands-on sensory experiments, study candy chemistry, and tour campus and industry facilities.
Camp participants will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Campers will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
Students will spend the majority of their time in the Poultry Science Building and laboratories.
Dr. Leonard Bell
Dr. Laura Bauermeister
Dr. Tung Shi Huang
Dr. Emefa Monu
Dr. Amit Morey
Dr. Jean Weese
Camp Fees are $750 and include the following items:
- On campus housing
- All meals, snacks and drinks while at camp
- Program instruction, materials and equipment
- Transportation to and from off-campus field-trip sites
- Recreational activities
Applicants intending to commute to camp can contact Auburn Youth Programs at 334-844-5100 to receive a coupon code for the discounted rate.
If a registration is canceled for any reason, the individual or organization making the original CAMP FEE payment will receive:
- A full refund, with a $25 administrative fee deduction, if the cancellation request is received at least 4 weeks prior to the start date of the program;
- A refund of 50%, if the cancellation request is received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date;
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Note: A registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee.
A limited number of scholarships are available. If you would like to be considered for a scholarship, please complete an application by clicking on the Scholarship Application - Apply Now button below.
Deadline for applying for scholarship is April 15, 2018. Scholarship recipients will receive $500.00 towards the cost of their camp.
What to Bring to Camp:
Please pack lightly – but do not forget to bring bedding, a towel, and toiletries.
Campers should refrain from bringing no more than one (1) suitcase and one (1) personal sized bag to camp.
Need more room in your suitcase? Don’t pack your bedding, have it ready at check-in by purchasing a Linens Package!
- XL twin sheets/thick blanket or sleeping bag and pillow
- Alarm Clock
- Phone Charger
- Body Wash
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Bath Towel
Clothing & Shoes:
- T-shirts: Loose fitting, tank tops must have straps three fingers wide and cover all undergarments
- Shorts: At least 3.5” inseam
- Two (2) pairs of jeans/long pants (no leggings) for working in the kitchen & for field trip
- Tennis Shoes: We walk up to 6 miles daily!
- Closed toed shoes
- Swimsuit: For girls, a modest one piece swimsuit. For boys, no speedos or jammers.
- Flip-flops or Water Shoes: For the pool
- Sweatshirt or Jacket
- Dress up Outfit: Dressy casual (modest) outfit (e.g.: modest sundress, polo & khakis, pants & blouse)
- Rain Jacket or Poncho
- Laundry Bag
- Beach Towel: For the pool
- Bug spray/Sunscreen
- $50 key/meal card deposit: Make check payable to Auburn University
- Spending Money
Last Updated: March 11, 2019