E.A.G.L.E. Camp: July 21 – 26, 2019
Rising 6th – 8th Grade
Exploring Agriculture & Gaining Leadership Experience Camp is an opportunity for 6th-8th grade students to gain hands-on experience in the science and agriculture worlds. Campers will complete labs within different agricultural disciplines including Animal Sciences, Horticulture, Turfgrass, Biosystems Engineering and many others. The labs will be STEM based activities led by College of Agriculture faculty that will help students solve real-world problems.
There will be tours of the research units, a field trip to a local farm, a service project at a local family-owned farming operation, and more! All of this in addition to the traditional social activities associated with summer camp (swimming, pizza parties and much more) make E.A.G.L.E. Camp a fun and productive experience.
Camp participants will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Campers will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
Meredith Hall is a Ph.D. student in Agriscience Education. A native of Wetumpka, Alabama, Meredith graduated from Auburn with her undergraduate degree in Horticulture in 2015 and a Master of Science degree in Plant Pathology in 2017. Meredith is passionate about agriculture and education and hopes to pursue a career in extension. In her free time, she enjoys spending time outdoors hiking, climbing, and kayaking.
Camp Fees are $700 and include the following items:
- On campus housing
- All meals, snacks and drinks while at camp
- Program instruction, materials and equipment
- Transportation to and from off-campus field-trip sites
- Recreational activities
Applicants intending to commute to camp can contact Auburn Youth Programs at 334-844-5100 to receive a coupon code for the discounted rate.
If a registration is canceled for any reason, the individual or organization making the original CAMP FEE payment will receive:
- A full refund, with a $25 administrative fee deduction, if the cancellation request is received at least 4 weeks prior to the start date of the program;
- A refund of 50%, if the cancellation request is received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date;
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Note: A registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee.
Scholarship information coming soon!
What to Bring to Camp:
Please pack lightly – but do not forget to bring bedding, a towel, and toiletries.
Campers should refrain from bringing no more than one (1) suitcase and one (1) personal sized bag to camp.
Need more room in your suitcase? Don’t pack your bedding, have it ready at check-in by purchasing a Linens Package!
- XL twin sheets/thick blanket or sleeping bag and pillow
- Alarm Clock
- Phone Charger
- Body Wash
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Bath Towel
Clothing & Shoes:
- T-shirts: Loose fitting, tank tops must have straps three fingers wide and cover all undergarments
- Shorts: At least 3.5” inseam
- One (1) pair of jeans/long pants
- Tennis Shoes: We walk up to 6 miles daily!
- Closed toed shoes
- Swimsuit: For girls, a modest one piece swimsuit. For boys, no speedos or jammers.
- Flip-flops or Water Shoes: For the pool
- Sweatshirt or Jacket
- Dress up Outfit: Dressy casual (modest) outfit (e.g.: modest sundress, polo & khakis, pants & blouse)
- Rain Jacket or Poncho
- Laundry Bag
- Beach Towel: For the pool
- Bug spray/Sunscreen
- $50 key/meal card deposit: Make check payable to Auburn University
- Spending Money
Last Updated: January 9, 2019