Dance Intensive: June 22-26, 2020
Rising 6th – 12th Grade
Please note: This is a DAY Camp. No on-campus lodging will be provided.
Auburn University Dance Faculty will host a 5-day dance intensive day camp this summer. Each day will be filled with classes in Ballet, Jazz, Modern, Tap and conditioning such as Pilates and Yoga. In addition; students will also learn choreography and improvise on their own to build choreography to be performed on the final day. All levels of students ages 11-19 are welcome!
This is a rare opportunity for dancers in the Auburn community to train and perform in the beautiful new facilities at Auburn University. The trained dancer and the novice can all finish this 5-day intensive with more technique and appreciation for the art of dance. A final performance will take place Friday evening and is open to the public. Invite your friends and family!
- We will be dancing on the first day – dress code is leotard and tights or leggings every day
- Campers should bring lunch and plenty of water daily
- Hair should always be up and out of the face
- Bring ALL dance shoes daily
- For Ballet – pink tights and hair in buns is preferred
Auburn University Theatre provides undergraduate theatre training and performances in the award-winning Telfair B. Peet Theatre. Ensembles include the Radio Flyer Theatre Company, which features productions in the style of the Golden Age of Radio, and the Mosaic Theatre Company, which creates and performs original works of theatre around issues of diversity.
Jeri Dickey's teaching credits include The Dayton Ballet, Pontecorvo Ballet Studios, The Jon Rodriguez School for Ballet, Wright State University, The Human Race Theatre, and her own award winning Progressive Dance Theatre.
Her students have gone on to dance with the School of American Ballet in New York City, in various musical theater productions on Broadway, and in professional teaching and performing careers with nationally acclaimed classical ballet and modern companies.
Jeri received a BFA in Dance from Wright State University. In Los Angeles, California, she danced professionally in one of L.A.'s first classical ballet companies, choreographed and performed for CBS and in commercials and specials for the LA Cable Network.
Adrienne Wilson, Associate Professor of Theatre, is a dancer and musician who has been actively pursuing a life in the arts for many years. At Auburn University, she teaches dance courses based in modern/contemporary technique, rhythm tap, movement analysis, continually blending in elements of dance history, composition, improvisation, anatomy and kinesiology; and choreographs and directs the annual student dance concert (dAUnce V, dAUnce VI, dAUnce VII).
She earned an MFA in choreography and performance from SUNY Brockport, and bachelors and masters degrees in piano performance from Ithaca College. Her choreographic works have most recently been seen at Auburn University and at the 2009 American College Dance Festival at Middle Tennessee State University; and also at SUNY Brockport, the American College Dance Festival at the University of Florida and Slippery Rock University in Pennsylvania, and at the 2005 National Dance Educators Organization conference at the University of Buffalo.
Professor Andrienne Wilson, Jeri Dickey, AU Dance and MT faculty, bring decades of teaching and choreography experience. They cannot wait to work with the excited dance students of Auburn/
Registration for Summer 2020 opens December 2, 2019.
Camp Fees are $210 and include the following items:
- Program instruction, materials and equipment
All cancellation and transfer requests must be submitted via email. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (334)844-5100.
- Cancellation request received at least 4 week prior to the start date of the program: Full refund, less $40.
- Cancellation request received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date: Refund of 50%
- Cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the program start date or “no show”: No refund.
Note: Refunds will be issued to the individual/organization who made the original payment.
- A camper’s registration for one program may be transferred to another program. Prior to May 1, 2020, there is no charge to change programs. After May 1, 2020, there is a $25 fee per transfer.
- A camper’s registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee per transfer.
Last Updated: November 20, 2019